Junimo Shrine

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Gewitsch, Apr 19, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Gewitsch

Gewitsch Void-Bound Voyager

Hello guys,

I don't know if someone has already suggested this, but I tested the junimo hut(automatic harvesting) and I have some issues with the harvest speed of those little guys. Even with a smaller field then their possible design, it is still possible they are not capable of doing the whole work.

You could argue I should plant different plants or so, but here comes my idea after watching this video .
    The junimos are nice little Helper in Stardewvalley, but we are treating them as Slaves. Let's build them a shrine/Tempel(could be done via quest) and sacrifice either a special Junimo product(maybe new recipe for crafting?) they like or just any farm product. After getting gifts, they start to work and with more gifts they work faster and so on. For me it is the will of the farmer to give those who help him something back. It could be a "friendship" with nature that you can deepen with this shrine. It would decay if you do not go there.

At the moment Junimos are nice, but you always have to check their work. Sometimes you wanna do certain stuff and be sure that they harvest everything till 18:00.

Focean likes this.
    • Lilliput

Lilliput Supernova

JUNIMO ABOLITIONIST!

If we start granting rights to Junimo, where will it end!? Soon, Slimes will demand citizenship and the right to buy homes in Pelican Town! Wilderness Golems will want to marry your daughter! Shadow Brutes will live among us!
      [​IMG]

*cough* Not you, Krobus. You still gonna hook me up with those Iridium Sprinklers, right?

(All foolishness from me aside, I agree it would be nice to be able to give something back to the li'l magic gumdrops in exchange for their help.)

Focean likes this.
      • LuthienNightwolf

LuthienNightwolf Oxygen Tank

While the slavery aspect is a mildly funny way to view it, I feel like maybe there's just more to them than we know - I mean, what did they want with all that stuff from the bundles in the first place? What is their reasoning for helping us fix up the community center, a place that had, up until we arrived, sat empty and basically provided them a home? If they are some otherwordly creature, why were they in our realm in the first place?

So now we've fixed up the CC, they've moved out to...where? We don't know. Do they just become homeless? Does building huts on our farm provide them a new place to live? Magical creatures tend not to do anything they don't actually enjoy so I don't think we're forcing them. It just so happens that the activity they like to do benefits us, I guess. lol That being said...it would be nice to have a way to somewhat pay them back for their hard work, or at least give them a little treat now and then. I would put a Junimo shrine on my farm just to have a Junimo shrine, nevermind the boost to their harvesting speed (which isn't an issue for me either way).

Focean likes this.
        • monteso

monteso Big Damn Hero

Wait. We're NOT suppose to enslave them. But how else will I travel to town.
          juminohorse1.png
          Seriously thou, Junimos should have a heart meter on the social tab. Then after you gift them enough tree sap they work better and
          make you their king!
          junimohorse4.png

Focean, Yoseiri, Eikos and 1 other person like this.