Juize - BST CLN

Discussion in 'Hangout Threads' started by Juize, Apr 25, 2013.

1. Juize

Juize Group Account

Logo.png
    All low-brow satire aside, this group has been made in an attempt to meet like-minded individuals! Unlike some clans in a number of games, which may or may not focus solely on in-game abilities, Juize exists for the sole purpose of having a bit of fun with people we like, and in turn, expanding our inner-circle.

Juize cares neither for in-game skill (in fact, one could argue that valuing in-game competence in a game that isn’t released would be the epitome of imbecility) nor the country you’re from (that’s not to say we don’t want to know! Rather that it won’t affect our opinions regarding you). Juize values, and ultimately prioritizes having fun in a social, talkative environment. We see ourselves as a relaxed, amenable and insouciant group of individuals which will happily spend hours upon end playing video games and conversing with one another in a nonchalant manner. If you’re the kind of person that can relate to that, then this clan might just be the one for you!

The founders (BeasterDenBeast, Antman, Noonan, Urist) met each other on a foreign forum, far away from the celestial abode which we know as the Starbound forums. Despite this, we've taken an interest in Starbound and its community. If, after reading our introduction, you'd be up for meeting us and potentially joining the wild ride then that can also be easily arranged. We're always up for a chat or a gaming session, and we can assure you that none of us bite. Perhaps with the exception of Antman.

Members.png

ApplyingForJuize.png
    • If you wish to apply, merely tell us a bit about yourself and why you’d like to join along with your country of residence! There’s no strict application format as such, feel free to take creative liberty and format it however you like.
    • Once you've decided on the content of your application, feel free to either post it here or in a PM conversation which includes all the founders. Whichever you prefer is more than fine with us.
    • Remember: all future applicants will be judged purely on their personality and poise. Note: you are not required to perform sexual acts with the founders to join. However, there will be no objections if you wish to perform said acts.
    • Antmans number one tip to getting accepted; Come onto our IRC channel (Info below), and get to know us!
    JuizeRules.png
    • In general, don’t be a dick. We’re as low-brow and hard to offend as they come, this doesn’t mean that blatantly being a dick to people for no reason whatsoever is justifiable.
    • Whether it’s in the to-be-released version of Starbound, or a completely different game altogether; we don’t appreciate griefing or hacking.
    • Above all, value fun and through your actions alone, create an environment where everyone can have as much fun as possible. Retrospectively speaking, is that not why we're here?
    ContactJuize.png

Steam.png
    For those of you with steam accounts who'd like to get to know us, our steam account names are listed below. Feel free to add us if you wish, we can assure you there'll be no qualms on our end.
    • BeasterDenBeast as: BeasterDenBeast
    • Noonan as: noonann
    • Urist as: Cheesemaster313
    Antman doesn't even Steam
    IRC.png
    IRC is an acronym which stands for ‘internet relay chat’. In simple terms, it’s a nice easy way of having an instant-message conversation (as opposed to the forum’s private messaging system). It’s also a very minimalistic alternative to, for example, Skype’s IM system in the sense that IRC is generally a lot less demanding and doesn’t increase latency too much while gaming.

Juize has our own IRC channel which most of us will idle in whenever we’re online. While we understand that the Starbound community may be more familiar with Freenode server (due to the fact that, well, Starbound’s IRC is on Freenode) but after reading Freenode’s FAQ, it seems as if they don’t take too kindly to channels set up for the sole purpose of chatting. It's for this reason that we've set up our HQ just over the lake, at Quakenet.
    1. For first time IRC users, we recommend http://webchat.quakenet.org/ which is essentially an in-browser client which will allow you to talk with us. No download or Quakenet account required, just hop on that link.
    2. Upon finding your way to the wonderful land that is Quakenet’s webchat, you’ll see two fields to fill in and two buttons. Fill them all out as shown here http://i.imgur.com/SACAmo4.jpg (of course, replacing ‘<Insert Your Username Here>’ with your Starbound forum name).
    3. Hit ‘Join chat’ and assuming one of us are online, we’ll be with you as soon as possible so we can meet, greet and potentially make sweet, sweet love.
    ---

Thanks to those of you who've had the courage and mental endurance to sit through this text-wall, and we at Juize are looking forward to meeting you in the near future!
    JUIZE - BST CLN

2. Demonturtle101

Demonturtle101 Void-Bound Voyager

Can i join because JUIZE is bst clan :3
    I am Australian
    14 years old i love soccer tis da bst :D
    i love KAG you should all remember me if you don't you should see a doctor :3
    And that's about it i guess :D.

3. SentinelTank

SentinelTank Void-Bound Voyager

Hello Juize o/
    My name's SentinelTank,
    You guys seem like a really relaxed bunch of guys, without having meet you i would say you would be quite an enjoyable group to play a variety of different games with. I myself regularily irc, on quakenet especially so it shouldnt be too hard for me to talk to you guys :) Meet me on #kag #POWER-clan or #kag.aus

A bit about myself, I enjoy music... alot :rofl: I play guitar and have taken music theory at school. This gave me an opportunity to learn to compose, which i have continued to do, on and off. I am open to any music people recommend to me, i take the attitude 'If it's good enough for them to enjoy it, I will probably enjoy it to some extent' . This attitude hasnt let me down to often :)
    I dabble a little in programming, not much mind you, but I do like picking up projects with other people surrounding a gaming community. I've found that once ive been in a gaming community for a while, i feel a real need to give something back. I normally try to achieve this by working with friends in the community to make some sort of mod or server scripts which improve the gaming experience for other people, Im not particularily good but i do manage to pull things out, given i put the work in.

I'm from New Zealand! I love the country, especially its native people (maori) and their culture. Being part Maori myself, I find it easy to relate to my culture, and that of other indigenous people. I enjoy talking about this with other people, especially if they share interesting views on the subject. I find these discussions are where i learn the most.

Being from New Zealand i also love rugby :DD
    If anyone follows rugby, I'd love to talk :D
    I'll leave that as an open ended invite to anyone who might end up reading this :)

Well now you know me, have i got enuf swag fo yo naygurs?

Noonan, BeasterDenBeast and Antman like this.
  4. Demonturtle101

Hmm i don't think i added enough :3.

5. BeasterDenBeast

BeasterDenBeast Void-Bound Voyager

Hey there, SentinelTank! I believe I've caught you in the IRC channel before. Great stuff.

Also, great application! I too generally have that approach to music. Never was one for playing guitar, lack the uber-skills. Antman'd be the one to talk to in that regard, I guess. All these musically gifted people, so cool.

I can safely say from us meeting and from your application that you have copious amounts of swag and general awesomesauceness. Consider yourself an official Juize member! And hey, that programming niche of yours might come in handy in future Juize-related projects.

Welcome aboard. ^_^

That's some cool info' man, but we at Juize would like to know a little bit more about you. You know? The real you. The you only your mother knows. Or maybe she doesn't? Well, you know, the you that you may or may not spend hours upon end each night trying to block out. The you that deserves to be in a penitentiary center. The you that you'll keep bottled up for years until that faithful moment when the proverbial seal breaks loose and death will ensue for all those around.

Yeah, that sounds about right.

---

Also, just another reminder that we at Juize would really love to catch you guys in IRC. :)

[20:54:50] <Antman> Tell them it would be great to join the irc and talk to us
    [20:54:55] <Antman> Or something
    [20:55:02] <Antman> Even if they're not interested in joining

As you can see, Antman is quite desperate for conversation and also has low standards! So, if you're in a similar boat, or would just like someone to make fun of; be sure to meet Antman at #Juize!

All joking aside, we genuinely would like to meet some of you so if you're interested in delving into the wonderful world of minimalistic IM chat we'd be happy to have you (small tutorial can be found in the OP).

SentinelTank likes this.
  6. Demonturtle101

I don't really do much I just play KAG way more than i should :3
    I really like soccer i follow real madrid they bst.
    I am gonna start boxing soon to get tougher and fitter and stuff (doing it with my friend)
    I love dogs i have 2 pug cross and a jack russel cross fox terrior (it's carzy reminds me of myself :))
    Also i'm a really annoying person well that's what my friends say anyway i don't see it :3.
    I like maths only the stuff i can do anyway :D.
    I love sport even though i am not great at it it's still very fun.
    My favourite games are terraria, KAG and borderlanads 2 i have farmed for hours and hours and hours on end i am very persistent :DD.
    I have over 350 hours on Terraria should tell you how much i am looking forward to Starbound :DD
    and i guess that's all i can think of :(.

7. SentinelTank

Hmmm... Beaster. Oh yes! How could i forget! You wouldn't happen to be that Filipino guy I talk to every now and again?
    If thats the case, I'm sure ill fit into this clan just fine :)

Yea man all music is good, I just like some more than others :)

Heres some pree chill beats I like to listen to in the morning.

Antman o/
    I hear you're pretty musically gifted, do you play an instrument? Ive always wanted to get a band together over the internet, so we could jam thru skype or something :DDD Recently ive been learning
    :)

Noonann, What about you man? What sort of music do you enjoy listening to? I find I listen to different songs while Im playing video games, I guess I listen to

style of music when im playing high intensity games :p Calms my nerves? Idk maybe im just swag like that :DDDD

Sorry for the excessive youtube windows, I'm not sure how to do spoliers here :(

8. Antman

Antman Void-Bound Voyager

Yeah, I play guitar, have for ~10 years :p
    I'd actually been keen as to jam with you, and definitely RHCP, although I am also into most genres of music, so whatever is fine with me :D

Demon, I do know you slightly form KAG, and I think you're a fairly chill guy (that's the general feeling of the others in the clan too).
    I'd like to invite you to join #Juize sometime, all of us are usually on 4PM onwards (That's in our local time, AEST).
    Or we can hang out on KAG a bit more, we just feel we'd like to get to know you more that what you're telling us ;)

So, Demon, your app is not rejected or accepted, just to make that clear :)

SentinelTank and Demonturtle101 like this.
  9. Demonturtle101

Yeah no prob i will add you on Steam for now :3.
    Wait you don't have it :(
    I will go on IRC :DD.

Antman likes this.
  10. Antman

Haha, yeah.. I never got into Steam that much..
    It's only me, noonan and senti on irc right now, you should come on later! :)

11. SentinelTank

Yeah, I play guitar, have for ~10 years :p
    I'd actually been keen as to jam with you, and definitely RHCP, although I am also into most genres of music, so whatever is fine with me :D

[/quote]
    Sweeeet, I haven't been playing for that long. Probably only say 4 years?
    Once my mid year break swings around ill give you a shout ay?

Man... 10 years..... damn :up:
    Do you play accoustic or electric most of the time?

Im quite open to most genres of music, you should come to my music thread: http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?threads/music-discussion.19818/
    It's very lonely there (e.g. only me), ive also got an irc channel #Starbound.Music @Freenode

Antman likes this.
  12. Antman

I play both, but right now I'm loving electric. I have a Fender Stratocaster with is an amazing guitar.
    I would really love to get a nice acoustic though :)

SentinelTank likes this.
  13. SentinelTank

My family is big on accoustics, my dad has a martin steel string. Awesome guitar, if i remember correctly its the brazillian wood style guitar Eric Clapton used :p
    My guitar isn't that great, but it does have good strings. I find accoustic helps me keep my technique, I lose a bit of it when i start playing electric :(

You have a Fender Strat??? God damn..... <3

Antman likes this.
  14. Antman

Well of course it depends what music you're playing, and playing a lot of different genres there's times for acoustic and times for electric :D
    Yeah man, it's a great guitar :love: haha.

SentinelTank likes this.
  15. Demonturtle101

I used to play guitar at school but the teacher just gave us music to play then left he didn't even say what we were doing right or wrong so i quit :3.

16. Noonan

Noonan Void-Bound Voyager

@SentielTank
    First of all, I'd like to welcome you once again to Juize, I'm certain that you will fit in nicely and enjoy yourself :).

Haha! Good idea, I should try listening to that when I'm playing KAG. KAG is very rage inducing and I'm sure anyone who plays would agree.
    I think it is safe to say that most people go through music 'phases', with the exception of the elder folk who have an undying love for ABBA, ACDC etc (nothing wrong with these :p). At the moment I'm really getting into the American rock band A Day to Remember (Antman can back me up on how good they are ;) ). You should check them out, I'll get you started :)

SentinelTank and Antman like this.
  17. Demonturtle101

What about BANGERS :3.

18. Antman

ADTR BST BND

I really like them anyways ;D
    Although a lot of people don't enjoy their genre (Hardcore/Metalcore/Screamo/whatever you want to call it), but they also have a lot of 'pop' sounds in their music, which is great.

Noonan likes this.
  19. Demonturtle101

I listen to anything pretty much i'm not picky unless it's slow and boring
    Apart from that i like all music :DD.

20. SentinelTank

Thanks, I'm glad im part of this clan :)
    Yea. Rage. Most video games can get quite frustrating after a couple of hours playing, so like to listen to some fairly chillax beats to keep everything low-key. You can normally notice when I'm not listening to music due to the excess amounts of rage :p Not that I'm an angry guy or anything, Kag is just very good at annoying me.

I totally go through music phases, It makes my life more interesting :D It normally depends on what sort of things im doing in my life at that time. When im composing i listen to a large amount of piano and touhou remixs, because they give me melodic inspiration.

Speaking of which:

Listening to your song right now, its got a real strong beat ay, can't help nodding my head to it :D
    Ill get onto this band :p

Noonan likes this.