RELEASED Jas Events Mod or Character Development for Jas

Discussion in 'Mods' started by randomAnon123, Oct 10, 2016.

1. Blooper8484

Blooper8484 Starship Captain

You're welcome:)
    Thank you!:love:
    Give Jas gifts until she reaches certain heart levels and then walk around different places to start the events

randomAnon123 likes this.
    • lordariakus

lordariakus Space Hobo

I have a problem. The 6 Hearts event (Museum?) does not start for me.
      The 2 and 4 Heart events each worked fine.
      Maybe my Savefile is corrupted or so and there is a fix for it? (like the abigail Graveyard fix for vanilly StardewValley)

Thank you for the Mod!

• randomAnon123

randomAnon123 Orbital Explorer

The event only starts if Jas is already in the Museum/Library, so that might be it (and she obviously needs to have 6 hearts).
        If it still doesn't start, maybe try redownloading the mod? You might have downloaded another mod that edits the same files, or you might have made an error while installing the mod itself.

• ravenrakkuas

ravenrakkuas Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Is there anyway to make this mod and Siv's Marriage mod compatible?

• Ulithium_Dragon

Ulithium_Dragon Space Kumquat

If the author were to redo the mod to utilize SMAPI like he did with his FLO Custom NPC mod then it would be much more compatible with everything. You'd probably still need to make compatibility patches for any mod that relied on editing Jas.xnb, but other than that it should be pretty compatible.

As it stands though the files that this mod edits are also edited by so many other mods, so...

• Marfluos

Marfluos Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Great work, Anon. Thanks for using my portrait! :nod:

randomAnon123 likes this.
              • felixir

felixir Space Hobo

Hey Marfluos! I made a small edit to Jas' sprite to match your wonderful portrait. I just had to have her hair in the actual overworld match X3

[​IMG]
                Works perfectly with the Jas Events Mod!

Marfluos and Ulithium_Dragon like this.
                • Swiftpaw22

Swiftpaw22 Phantasmal Quasar

- NO Dating! NO Marriage!

Aww why not? Having the option to marry anyone in the game is a plus if someone wants to!

• Voltaic123

Voltaic123 Pangalactic Porcupine

Because she's like 8 and that's disgusting. Fairly certain its also against forum rules.

• Swiftpaw22

It is against forum rules to have mods with marriage with "younger characters" apparently, yes. Sex is probably banned here as well. Typical anti-sex prudish stances that are common in many human societies today, so I can't say I'm surprised! As for what you think is "yucky", I think all sexuality should be respected as long as it's not hurting anyone and everyone is happy, but no doubt mods wouldn't wanting us discussing that topic here. I have no problems discussing it in IM with you though! Besides, that's all off topic anyway, I was simply lamenting the fact that the mod can't have more options like that, but even if it did it couldn't be posted here and would need to be posted elsewhere such as on http://stardewvalleymods.net/

HopeWasHere likes this.
                      • Hammurabi

Hammurabi Big Damn Hero

It doesn't even matter what anybody wants -- pedophilia in video games (which Jas marriage would definitely fall under, no "if"s, "and"s, or "but"s) is outright illegal in many countries, probably the heavy majority of countries. So, yeah, it's never going to be allowed so long as those laws stand, regardless of anything you have to say on the subject, since I'm sure ConcernedApe, the Chucklefish staff, and the forum administrative staff have no interest in putting themselves at risk of criminal charges or having the game banned in various countries.

HopeWasHere likes this.
                        • Swiftpaw22

Artwork of any and all forms is legal in most countries, and either way you can ban a mod without banning the game it can be used with.

• Hammurabi

Hammurabi Big Damn Hero

That's not even remotely true of pedophilia in gaming. It is explicitly illegal in numerous countries, with "freedom of expression", "artistic license", etc. not being acceptable defenses.

That may be true, but if Chucklefish doesn't take a hard stance about not allowing any such content on their official media (such as the forum), then they would also be held in violation in many countries.

Keep in mind, most lawmakers are not gamers. They don't tend to draw the same sorts of distinctions between a game and its mods that we do, nor does much of the general public.

HopeWasHere likes this.
                            • Swiftpaw22

I'm very aware of the stupidity of many laws, yes, and you're right that some countries could still try to ban the whole game for sure, and they'll do that anyway. But should one bow down to immoral laws and countries that want to be stupid? If it were up to me, then I'd say hell no, but regardless I'm still going to support mods elsewhere that I think are good mods even if they aren't allowed here. I'd like to have a mod where you can marry everyone, and I'd like to see some well-done sex mods too as the ones that exist aren't too great.

Mods like this are still great since they add more content to the game. The more heart events there are for everyone, the richer the game can be!

• Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

Child marriage mods are not permitted on the forums. No ifs, buts or maybes.

As such, please return to the topic at hand, as nothing will be accomplished by this line of discussion.

khai9999 and Hammurabi like this.
                                • TrulyVisceral

TrulyVisceral Void-Bound Voyager

Hello there!
                                  I know this is REALLY old now, but I wanted to make sure of something.
                                  If I remember correctly (Which I might not be) the 10 heart event is split, right? Something about the scene transition not working properly?
                                  So, I just wanted to ask if there's anything after she sneaks out of her house with the player.
                                  I've checked every place she's at every day of the week, at different hours in different weather and seasons, so I don't know if there's nothing else or I'm missing something.
                                  A'ight, that's all.

• StealthyDoge

StealthyDoge Void-Bound Voyager

Any hints on the events?

• alfaty

alfaty Space Hobo

Do you still have the jas mod?

• lisakw1002

lisakw1002 Master Chief

Wondering same thing as alfaty. Do you plan on updating this mod? I am desperately requesting it because Jas has so little interactions. Thanks in advance!