It's All Over But the Scavenging of Typewriters and Glue - The Fallout Thread

Discussion in 'Games' started by Jonesy, Jan 7, 2016.

1. FireFangs

FireFangs Cosmic Narwhal

*pets Keaton Link*
    That's one lucky dodge on the nuke. I never deal with them because no one ever see me! I'm sneaky.

A bit late to the ball, but here are my answers.
    1. I first started in Fallout 3 on PS3, but I quickly moved to PC and thanks to mods, I've played well over a thousand hours in the series now.
    2. I have to say 4. Despite having played New Vegas more at the moment, there are just so much more options to customize in 4 and it's what attract me. I can make exactly who I want to play. Hell, I even made it in the Fallout 4 Bikini calendar on the Nexus! (Link later)
    3. I think that's obvious.
    4. I would love to hit Canada or Europe. For Canada, the city of Ronto (formerly TOronto) has been mentioned more than once in the series before, and Canada in the Falloutverse is technically part of the US. And exploring the result of the resource war in Europe would be great! I always felt they might have been less nuked than the US due to having already collapsed.

As promised. It's safe, no worry. No nudes or anything. I can't speak if you keep searching the site though!
    http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/images/57500/?

2. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

<3!

Oh I must admit my knowledge of the game is mostly what I learned from some lore series called The Storyteller, and some gameplay footage of NV and FO3, so now that you mention Canada, how much damage is there throughout the universe of FO in general? so far its been US territory what I ve seen, was the destruction world-wide?

Higuera and Roskii Heiral like this.
  3. FireFangs

FireFangs Cosmic Narwhal

The exchange was mostly between US and CHina, but it's said other countries unleashed their arsenals too, so the destruction was probably global, but not as bad in other countries, I'd say.

I have this semi-head-cannon that Europe survivor went to England and built a massive city there (actual city, not a scraptown), restarting civilization in a dangerous world, but through the rest of Europe, are in conflict with another powerful WWII germany-like faction. I'd love to see a Fallout set in that theme!

Corraidhín and Roskii Heiral like this.
  4. Roskii Heiral

Roskii Heiral Heliosphere

@Corraidhín

If you play 3, you can visit Alaska (during the Great War) in Operation: Anchorage.

I feel as though the rest of the planet is pretty much the same as the USA for a few reasons. The main reason is that the Enclave poured so many resources into recapturing the USA when simply taking over another non-nuked area would probably have been much easier. They bankrupted almost all their resources trying to return.

@FireFangs

I would like to see some other places and a Nazi faction would be fairly interesting (if done right). Its odd that you never have contact with anyone outside the U.S. (with a few exceptions who seem to have been stranded in the U.S. during the war).

Great work on the calendar xD

OH! I wanted to recommend another mod I found!!!

[​IMG]

Its a clothing mod I really like, here are some examples:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I love these kinds of mods =3

Edit! Here's a vid I found of it:

Edit 2! Here's a pic of my character =3

ScreenShot3.png

Last edited: Apr 27, 2017
  5. Higuera

Higuera Cosmic Narwhal

The middle east was nuked somewhere in the 2050s, all of europe fell into civil war immediately after, no idea about Japan but they could have survived, russia likely survived, most of south america/africa/australia/etc very likely survived, pretty much the most likely places civilization didnt collapse entirely are in the southern hemisphere :V Sadly i think all of Europe got destroyed even more than the US, especially considering you never see/hear anything at all from europe

6. FireFangs

FireFangs Cosmic Narwhal

You hear a bit from Europe. A few scottish people show up and there are references to some weapons and objects coming from there either after the war or between the resource war and the great war. And due to the civil war, Europe is likely in ruins, but it also mean they might not have been nuked as badly because they were not longer a threat. i highly doubt it's simply been wiped and doesn't exist anymore.

The middle east was the first to be hit by nuclear weapons, but before the great war. It's likely any place with potential resources like oil or energy sources was nuked as well, if only to keep it from enemies' hands.

7. Higuera

Higuera Cosmic Narwhal

Huh, there are? I'm going to have to look that up... But in this case, it was europe itself that nuked europe, pretty much a mini great war, but probably more densely nuked, if there is something left, it's likely worse off than America, possibly consisting mostly of glowing sea-like conditions

8. FireFangs

FireFangs Cosmic Narwhal

Perhaps, though I don't think a whole lot of nukes were actually launched at them in the first place. Perhaps a few here and there. I like to think there's a lot of ruin, but less radiated ones, more remnant of the resource war.

9. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

Oh, on regards of the holocaust, some guy did a chart on how many nukes would be necessary to cause any sort of damage to other countries, while the numbers are ridiculous (50k+ nuclear detonations for US alone) it would seem that most countries would fare pretty well post-apocalypse, other than nuclear winter that is. I should apologize though, this information was from somewhere 2014-ish and I have no idea where I could find it nowadays.
    Looks pretty cool c: Its all very stylish! if this game was more Borderlands-like, it would be a PERFECT fit, but I think FO4 falls on a strange niche where it feels Steampunk, but at the same time at a weird Vintage 40's Rock N' Roll kind of background that feels more of its own league. Mind you, the mod looks absolutely great nonetheless!

Darn... now I want someone making Stray Cat outfits for the Atom Cats and the Vault Dweller... along with some appropiate rock music

Roskii Heiral likes this.
  10. FireFangs

FireFangs Cosmic Narwhal

Borderlands is a pretty different type of game and setting. Fallout is about a post-apocalyptic world where as Borderlands is about a different planet that just happens to be full of raiders and dangers. The playable characters are actually all from off planet in Borderlands. And that's without considering gameplay!

11. Roskii Heiral

Its actually about 95% vanilla assets that have been re-arranged using outfit studioX3 So, its all things you can find within the Fallout Universe (barring 1 or 2 Star Trek and Elder Scrolls references). The Star Trek ones could be a little odd, BUT!

[​IMG]

maybe not xD

So it all pretty much fits in my brain =d

Corraidhín likes this.
  12. FireFangs

FireFangs Cosmic Narwhal

I love the easter eggs you can find in that series! Not cannon, but great!

Higuera likes this.
  13. Higuera

Higuera Cosmic Narwhal

Well... The Zetans might be canon... :V

14. Roskii Heiral

I'd say that's a fair bet xD

They seem to appear pretty frequently and have their own DLC

15. FireFangs

FireFangs Cosmic Narwhal

The Zetan ARE indeed cannon, despite most of their appearance being easter eggs. I was more referring to the crashed Star Trek shuttle!

16. Arnust

Arnust Big Damn Hero

No please, everything but the stupid Zetans. How that is even acceptable in a writer's head, it boggles my mind. It was an Easter egg and hard to get, for funks sake. Would have taken four Little Lamplights over them.

Anyway, would you guys know any referents or just akin media to Fallout beyond the "obvious", that being Mad Max, A Boy and his Dog, or even Trigun and Hokuto no Ken?

17. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

Wouldn't mind a bigger reference to A Canticle for Leibowitz. There was a cut encounter with a knowledge-preserving monastery in Fallout 2, but it could make for a neat minor faction in a future game. Pays a bounty for pre-war books, offers quests to track down pre-war knowledge, opposes the Brotherhood of Steel, etc. Probably something like the Followers of the Apocalypse meets the Railroad.

Other than that, it might be nice to have references to some of the other Cold War classics, like The Day After and Threads.

Edit: Some madman is recreating Fallout 3 in Fallout 4.

http://imgur.com/gallery/hGz4A

Considering I've got fond memories of 3 for the bleak ruins of the Capital Wasteland... sign me the hell up.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2017
    Higuera, Roskii Heiral and Arnust like this.
  18. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

I just had a bizarre idea... I will build a complete circle surrounding my base with nothing but power armour! be it frames or the scrapped remains of whatever I find!

Higuera and Roskii Heiral like this.
  19. Arnust

Arnust Big Damn Hero

Get ready for them to be stolen from every humanoid that passes by, lol. I got stranded once becouse of that

20. FireFangs

FireFangs Cosmic Narwhal

That's only if you actually get attacked though. Make your settlement safe enough and you never will be!

Higuera likes this.