It's All Over But the Scavenging of Typewriters and Glue - The Fallout Thread

Discussion in 'Games' started by Jonesy, Jan 7, 2016.

1. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

I'll believe it when I see it, honestly. If they did do something, I'd be happy with another Far Harbor; big new landmass with its own style, with plenty of new locations, quests and items. Maybe go south to New York (since it's the only location mentioned in the prologue newsflash that hasn't appeared in the series yet), or north into Canada (since it's comparatively close and holds a lot of significance to the backstory). As long as it's not as railroaded as Nuka World, and provides a more satisfying conclusion than "You're now an evil raider warlord despite your existing characterization" or "You killed a bunch of raiders and changed absolutely nothing about this town".

Also wouldn't mind a Memory Den DLC, but that might be too little too late.

2. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

People keep praising Far Harbor indeed, specially anytime I look anything beyond Nuka World... was it really that err... "straightforward"? I know raiders suck big time and they are usually portrayed in really, and I mean really disgusting ways (like humourless BL2 Bandits *shivers*) so... what was the deal? surely Bethesda was trying to actually sell something there. Despite the fact that said DLC is (apparently to some sources) quite an insult to the original series with its issometric and tactical gameplay.

3. Jonesy

I'm not sure what you're asking, sorry.

4. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

I am not entirely sure what I wrote, to be fair. Do not worry, it is not important.

5. General Nuclear

General Nuclear Supernova

I just want a silver shroud ending to the original story where we talk like the silver shroud at the end and where we point out to the institute how stupid their plot is and similar it is to the mechanists script
    Like they start to make fun of us for dressing up as the silver shroud and calling us crazy for it and we make a come back at their stupid and way more crazy their plan to replace all humans with synths are and we start calling their leader for the mechanist *not spoling the bad plot for those who haven't got that far yet*

Oh and also that they fix all the lore breaks like vault 81 was just one big lore break against it self wrong jumpsuits, wrong pipboys, wrong vault type it should have looked like one of the vaults from fallout 3 same with the ohter vaults exsept our vault, ''pre war'' jet, growing mutant vegetables we already saw that in fallout 3 that they had normal fruit and vegetables that dr madison li brought with her from vault 101 to experiment on in rivent city etc

6. General Nuclear

General Nuclear Supernova

i'm really disappointed that there never was any quests with the atom cats and the rusty devils because they are like the opposite of each other
    and the atom cats had all those parts and power armors that the rusty devils would have kill to get their hands on and i bet the atom cats would have wanted some of those sweet robot parts too maybe even make a robot buddy out of those

and we never saw a robot part type power armor atleast we got the electro power armor

7. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

Uhh say, I ve decided to get this game... (on sale) whats something fun to do? or very challenging? I have this little thing to go challenge very tough enemies on new games I get <w<

8. Jonesy

You'll get the most challenge in the southern part of the map, especially at high-level Gunner locations like Gunner Plaza and Quincy. There's also the Glowing Sea in the south-west corner, which has lots of high-level animals, insects and ghouls.

If you've got the DLC, Far Harbor and Nuka World should be pretty challenging if you're a high level by the time you start them. Playing Far Harbor beyond level 100 on Very Hard difficulty is the closest thing to Dark Souls I've ever played.

Corraidhín likes this.
  9. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

Oh my, looks like I have my paws full for the holidays! Thank you very much indeed! ill head straight there as soon as everything finishes installing! Hrrm, maybe ill lvl up a bit, lvl 100 will take a while to get...

10. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

I had my first encounter with a Deathclaw! (the mandatory encounter with the silly hat people and clay-face-murphy) I actually managed to dodge every hit by biting its attacks in opposite directions ^^ I was really surprised when I managed to down it with just 31 5mm ammo left on my mini gun

(playing on Very Hard)

Also, I ran into a rider wearing a fat man, he shot me in the face... needless to say I died

Chrillzilla and Jonesy like this.
  11. Surenu

Surenu The End of Time

To answer your questions:
    1: Around 12 years ago when my sister gave her copy of Fallout 2 to me.
    2. Fallout 3. The first two games had a much more refined plot and setting, but Fallout 3 was better in the actual gameplay and still had a decent story.
    3. Severely lacks the "R" in the "RPG".
    4. Fallout 2 3d remake. If that's not an option, some places other than the US to play in. The fluff has those already.

General Nuclear and Chrillzilla like this.
  12. Arnust

Arnust Big Damn Hero

*sobs*

13. Jonesy

One-word posts are discouraged under forum rules. You haven't even told us why you're sobbing.

14. Arnust

Arnust Big Damn Hero

Excussez moi, I'll follow the OP:

Completely clean. Looks like NV was not a hit in Spain, as there were like 40 PC version boxes for 3$. Why? Dunno, it looked cool. Who'd know that it'd be true love.

Well when it comes to my subjective experience, it definitively was New Vegas. It was practically the only thing i played for like two years (6 moths without internet so i still have to get 60% the archievements) and then I found out about mods. The DLC (LR and HH a bit less) are mind-nobbing. In the technical part it was mostly subpar but, honestly? That was never a priority in Fallout. Was.

Well that's why I'm sobbing. While Skyrim didn't stick with me just as much as NV did; hey, that was Bethesda at its best, right? (not mentioning the butchering of what made TES an RPG series). So my naïve me thought that the good things NV did and their demonstration of their "Seal of Quality" (heh) in Skyrim, well, how could they miss? Preorder, and hype, and staying up to 4AM for the 2015 E3.
    Now I just feel stupid and dissapointed. In the wait, I discovered what Fallout really was playing Fo1 and 2. Fallout 3 I played, but it felt pretty mediocre as a Fallout game, it looked and played like a Fallout fanfiction on Oblivion.
    Actually I got a new PC just for it. Then Fallout 4 came out. It ran like shit and I had to make it look even worse, but I was used to that. Then, just at character creation, something was off. No Skills or Quirks? Didn't mind that much.
    At hour 100, I was just bored. it just wasn't Fallout; just a mediocre mishmash of Far Cry, Rust and Fallout 3 with no redeeming qualities.
    Did most quests but never felt like i acomplished something. Gave up roleplaying at hour 30. The Main Quest had the only saving grace of introducing the BOS, that was the only faction with at least a feel of Skyrim Guild in level of actual content.
    Did the MMO bullshit of Stellements and radiant quests until I looked up that i needed like 30 quests to do the Minutemen ending.
    Built settlements in a little trading route alla cross the Commonwealth just to see the stupid "Size Limit" cut me from actually making something interesting, and even used a mod to disable it. But then my three HQs "were attacked by raiders!" and being undefended by bland clone Settlers.
    Lore...
    I could keep on forever but i have moved on. If I can thank Falluto for something, it'd be that in sorrow and disgust i went to play a lot of other better games like Starbound 1.0, Dark Souls (played em all in 2016 but Bloodborne), Undertale, long etc.
    I also joined NMA and met a lot of people there that felt like me. Spent more time watching anime and shit :party:

If a big decision is made about the franchise to stop it from being a cashcow to fund TES, or is handed to Obsidian(+Paradox maybe) or inXile, better if free of restraints... I don't want to see a new game.

Imagining that any of the better situations actually happen *sob*, i'd like to see games in the Midwest or Alaska/Canada, with the Survival mechanics based in NV's and not 4's. Honestly i just want that the comet NV was passes over the Earth again.

Happy new year

15. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

My adventures in FO4 in a Nutshell (thus far)

I ignored Garvey, I ve been ignoring Sanctuary as well. They do not exist anymore, a Boston without Garvey exists. (and I am happy)
    I developed a tendency to run face-first into explosives, be it mini nukes, or rockets.
    I wear BoS Power Armour (for now, until there are no more mini nukes or rockets)
    I got a radio call... I followed it... now I am fighting fish people and helping harbor men and women

(lvl 24, still on very hard)

Edit: is it normal to go exploring for 30 minutes and come back home with x1000 more ammunition than what I left? because it sure feels that way.

16. Arnust

Arnust Big Damn Hero

@Asriel Dreemurr A tip for ya. The Assault Rifle. It's the ugliest and nonsensical rifle I've seen in a video game, but it's stats when invested either in the Auto or Semi "Perks" is a mean machine. You'll need it when enemies can't fit through doors becouse of huge HP pools

Corraidhín likes this.
  17. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

I got one, its ugly as a sin... I got a level action rifle of the assassin(?) does 15% more dmg while aiming, and while it may not be fast, its mean.

Arnust likes this.
  18. Jonesy

Found a couple of hilarious videos.

Roskii Heiral and Corraidhín like this.
  19. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

Bloody hell that really caught me off guard in the first video! I was very expectant of the players reaction to the following lines when that happenedX3

Wow, I think ole Travis had a sudden burst of confidence in that little fisticuffs

20. Jonesy

Funny thing is, I've seen a similar incident at the same location. I was standing behind the amphitheater, watching a Vertibird attack some enemies in the distance, before it spiralled out of control and crashed into the building. Killed off half the occupants.

Apparently the Vetibirds use a modified version of the dragon AI from Skyrim, so they try to crash near you (for the purposes of looting and absorbing the dragon's soul). That would explain a lot.

Arnust and Corraidhín like this.