1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Bug/Issue Item Stack/Sort Crash!

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by TheTrueUmbrakiin, Jun 20, 2017.

1. TheTrueUmbrakiin

TheTrueUmbrakiin Giant Laser Beams

Hey! Just found this bug and figured I'd share it here.
    Disclaimer: This only happened because I was curious and stupid. However, it is still a bug (probably) , so I figured it's only fair that I should report it.

So I decided to split a stack of climbing rope so I could use them simultaneously, just to see if an old bug thta allowed you to launch yourself with grappling hooks/climbing rope and the distortion sphere was still a thing. Unfortunately for me, it wasn't. I was in the Distortion Sphere trial at the time, so I went back into it with both stacks still split and in my hotbar.
    This is where the events leading to the crash started.
    See, I got curious again and sorted my inventory. The two stacks merged into one, making it so that the same stack was entered twice in one hotbar slot. When I exited th esphere, the game crashed and I couldn't re-select the character.
    What I think happened is that, since you can't have a stack entered twice in a hotbar slot normally, the game didn't know how to resolve it and crashed.
    What I know happened is that I was just being a bit too dumb and curious.

Stupidity aside, it might not be a bad idea to resolve this so someone doesn't lock their character by accident (for example, they split a stack of soda or something and sort it, crashing the game and locking the character).

2. Roselle

Roselle Pangalactic Porcupine

This has happened to me twice, putting two separate characters in crash loops. Any solutions?