Modding Help Item IDs

Discussion in 'Mod Releases & Modding Help' started by Silverforte, Dec 20, 2013.

Modding Help Item IDs

1. Silverforte

Silverforte Existential Complex

Is there a list somewhere with all the game's item/material IDs?

• Eathed

Eathed Industrial Terraformer

• tifel100

tifel100 Void-Bound Voyager

Most things in the game are not defined by an ID, as in numbers, the itemname/objectname is the "Primary Key".

• Silverforte

Block materials are identified by an ID. I'm trying to make a new block tile which is a recolor of castlewalls1 but I can't figure out how to get it to appear in-game. I've modded other items like custom torches and grenades but this is where I'm stumped.

"materialId" : 122,

122 is the id for castlewalls1. The block shows up as generic which indicates a missing image but all the files are in place. This leads me to think the ID is the problem.

• Westeller

Westeller Space Penguin Leader

Does the log have anything to say about it?

• tifel100

Well, every materialid has to be unique, so make it something a bigger than 200, so it dooesn't conlict, and make sure it matches in the item's file and the material's file.

• Silverforte

Does it matter what number I make it? Could it technically be 4000?

• Eathed

Eathed Industrial Terraformer

If 4000 is unique, it should be fine to use. I'm sure there's a cap, but 4000 is probably below it.

• Silverforte

Thanks for the help.

• tifel100

I think it can be. I think it's only use is to match the .matitem to the .material

• vernadead

vernadead Star Wrangler

I don't think there is a max, curious if non numericals would work ei material id a1b2c3

• Kynan_The_Novakid

Kynan_The_Novakid Space Hobo

Anyone have the ID ore correct keyword for unrefined wood? Not many trees on my planets anymore, and /spawnitem unrefined wood gives me the generic item. help!
                        -- Double-post merged, Apr 29, 2015 --
                        Or* not ore sorry

• Kayuko

Kayuko Master Astronaut

fullwood1 / fullwood2

• xxswatelitexx

xxswatelitexx More like Sweat Elite Forum Moderator

http://starbounditems.herokuapp.com

• 2troller1231

2troller1231 Intergalactic Tourist

mm the thursers effects i launch the starboundserver and says the thursters effects ( i dont know the item name)items is cant found so i need to research
                              -- Double-post merged, Jun 26, 2015 --
                              Founded see the starbound.log from the starbound server it says smallboosterflame it doesnt exists! but is exist it seted item to be false on game

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 26, 2015
                              • Kayuko

Kayuko Master Astronaut

Deinstall CreativeMode or get a compatibility version of it.
                                i can't provide you with one because of the permissions, I'm afraid, not too sure what he set it to.
                                (Plus, that's kinda off topic I think)

• 2troller1231

on starbound config on very down it says windowstitle:starbound-beta i seted it to starbound alpha-Beta and it works!
                                  im now on my file of starbound and search for this item!
                                  im now on my file of starbound and search for this item!
                                  is on Assest Packed.pack but is too big to be opened on notepad
                                  i founded it ON PCAKED.PACK SMALLBOOSTER FLAME PRINTABLE FALSSE I DO IT TRUE i try it but if i open starbound opengl i have problem i researching it

Last edited: Jun 26, 2015
                                  • Kayuko

Kayuko Master Astronaut

The following is a strict don't do guideline:
                                    • Never un- and repack packed.pak assets
                                    • Never EVER open packed.pak in notepad and change anything in it
                                    • Don't ever accuse the core-game files of missing an item (altho it's possible, it's very unlikely)
                                    The error is caused by the mod CreativeMode and / or abdlMod.
                                    Deinstall the mods (delete their folders from "giraffe_storage/mods") and start the game.

I know for a fact that CM is outdated.
                                    I'm not even sure what abdlMod is, but I can't suspect it to be something regulary updated with that many errors in your log.

Frank_Irony likes this.
                                    • 2troller1231

Sorry i doed it but i downloaded other very good works and its the version i have but my player files i copied it to my starbound and now i have and my saves! edited:i puted and creative mode but i dont doed anything on creative mod etc:changes