1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Item Broadcaster + Hyper-storage v1.5 (p1.2)

A lightweight system for auto-sorting + Hyperspace multi-containers. Works with any containers!

1. Wellbott

Wellbott Existential Complex

2. gchristopher

gchristopher Subatomic Cosmonaut

Awesome, thanks!! This mod makes Starbound sane to play.

3. Katorone

Katorone Giant Laser Beams

I'm really looking forward to trying this mod again. Been missing it so much in my current playthrough.
    --- Post updated ---
    Would it be possible for the broadcaster to ignore rotting on food when deciding which container to go to? Trying to sort the output from my farm. However, normal sorting sees each second of rot as a unique item, and secondary sorting uses any fridge. :-/

4. Wellbott

5. HSneak

HSneak Void-Bound Voyager

Would it be possible to make crafting stations use what's inside those wired crates & chests ? that would be the best thing that ever happened to starbound (until now).

EDIT : Another suggestion, can you make something like the interface present in this mod : http://community.playstarbound.com/resources/pipesplus.3895/

A linked interface (using wires with beacon [and not becon...]) that shows all the items in the containers inside the area of the "Reception Beacon", and clicking on 'em would give us that item. That would be cool ^^

Yea i know i suggest a lil' too much ...

Last edited: Aug 3, 2016
  6. lordbociek

lordbociek Pangalactic Porcupine

About sugestions, i got one too, is it possible to make an device, when helded -it receives signal from reception beacon, so when crafting all cointainers within range of that beacon are used as player inventory ??? so we can craft without searching through all the stuff ??? sorry for my english.-

7. greenskye

greenskye Pangalactic Porcupine

What is the range of these things? Mine won't go a screen or two over. I can't seem to wire them together either as the wire seems to have a maximum length of 1.5 screens or so. Also the hyperdimension nodes are not for sale.

8. rudeyz

rudeyz Intergalactic Tourist

9. Saidk001

Saidk001 Intergalactic Tourist

When i go to the 2 srop teleshop there is the broadcasting and the reception one how i enable the hyper one

10. rudeyz

rudeyz Intergalactic Tourist

CMIIW Hyper one like Doraemon Poket . use same size chest

11. bsambrone

bsambrone Scruffy Nerf-Herder

It crashes for me in multiplayer - is this a known issue?

12. Not Mr Flibble

Not Mr Flibble Void-Bound Voyager

I've just tried this mod with the hydroponics tray in FU – it largely works but can mess with the items in the tray's input slots. So I've had a look at the mod and I see that it doesn't have any way to find out which slots not to touch. It looks like it'd be not too difficult to add – use world.callScriptedEntity() for some appropriately-named function, validate the result and use where the container's content is accessed.

Bonus: the presence of this function could also be used to tell this mod not to use the container for hyper-storage, but who'd be daft enough to try that anyway on items which aren't simple containers…

lordbociek likes this.
  13. Sparksol

Sparksol Phantasmal Quasar

I'm wondering if the recent update broke the broadcast beacons, because I have to take them down and replace them every time I come back to my base or ship for them to work.

It's also possible that some other mod I have is conflicting now, but I thought I'd ask first before going through that pile of mods one at a time.

14. Not Mr Flibble

Not Mr Flibble Void-Bound Voyager

Modifying the hydroponics tray to function as an item collector at least in so far as it can talk to an item router worked out quite well. It's not been added to FU yet, but is present in a branch in my fork.

I'd quite like receiveItem() not to return nil since this conflicts with world.callScriptedEntity() returning nil.

15. template1996

template1996 Void-Bound Voyager

For the latest version of this mod, the broadcasting beacon and the reception beacon are in the mod, but the hyper-storage beacon is still not in the mod. I noticed that the last updated version of this mod dates back to Jul 29, 2016 (the 1.0 update version). Could you upload a new version of the mod that includes the hyper-storage beacon?

Thanks!

16. DaWrecka

DaWrecka Pangalactic Porcupine

The Reception Beacon seems to have an annoying tendency to pick containers to the side instead of directly below. Learned this after I spent a long, frustrating while trying to get it to work with a specific container only to find out it was ignoring the container below it in favour of the FU Extractor next to it.

17. Wellbott

18. NeoVanAlemania

NeoVanAlemania Space Kumquat

Hey,

At first, thanks for this great mod and keep up your work.
    I have some issues with sorting food in my chests on my farm. Which means, the beacons cannot find the food in chests because of the different spoiling timers.
    Do you think it would be possible to improve the script to fix this?