OOC It Sucks To Be Earth(Not open)

Discussion in 'Role Playing' started by Rgbunpro, Feb 17, 2016.

1. DustyScabbard

DustyScabbard Spaceman Spiff

Thanks for the info Rgbunpro. I'll let you know if there is anything specific I'd like to know.

2. Rgbunpro

Rgbunpro Cosmos Killer

@The Alonne Did you have a look at the reply I gave to your app?

Firebird Zoom likes this.
  3. The Alonne

The Alonne Ketchup Robot

Just checked. I thought Mental Res had 15 base, which I corrected, when it was actually People Skills that had 15. I suppose the app can be edited when added to the main post. (Do you add character apps to the main post?) And I suppose proficiency for magick can go into melee and ranged. For example: Higher ranged gives more accuracy with projectile spells, while melee gives more power to physical close-quarters spells (such as a shadow-summoned sword, or a shotgun-like blast of light). @Rgbunpro

4. Rgbunpro

Rgbunpro Cosmos Killer

I don't add them to the OP, I do have an application sheet on google drive though. But it's in desperate need of updating. Also I believe I've already added a magick weapons proficiency option.

5. The Alonne

The Alonne Ketchup Robot

Gotcha.

6. SneakyBox

SneakyBox Pangalactic Porcupine

Quick question, is it mandatory that your character must use magic?

7. The Alonne

The Alonne Ketchup Robot

As a Cultist? I doubt it. We have magick gifts, but what we do with them is our choice as a player.

8. Rgbunpro

Rgbunpro Cosmos Killer

I'm not quite sure of the context but you don't have to play a character with magic. If you play a character you can use magick, you don't have to use it. That's all up to you.

Firebird Zoom and The Alonne like this.
  9. themushroomlord

themushroomlord Pangalactic Porcupine

I'm going to work on updating my app when I get the chance (not now because I'm stuck with writing on my tiny little phone and it'll be easier to do a good job with a keyboard.
    Anyway i was wondering how if both Paul's hallucinogenic spores and reattachable limbs count as mutations, if so how will that convert over to the new mutation system.

10. Rgbunpro

Rgbunpro Cosmos Killer

Well I suppose you could convert them into a single mutation and that could be his power. That's one way to do it.

11. themushroomlord

Ok im pretty sure I've made a tonne of mistakes but here is my revised app,

Name: Paul Merry
    Race: Mutant (Human)

Stats:
    Physical Strength: 10
    Knowledge: 15 [+5]
    Speed: 20 [+5]
    People Skills: 30 [+20]
    Survival Skills: 25 [+15]
    Physical Resistance: 25 [+10]
    Mental Resistance: 25 [+15]
    Fortune: 30 [+20]
    Mutation: 30 [+20]
    Weapons Proficiency: No Proficiencies
    Melee: 10
    Ranged: 10
    Stealth: 20 [+10]

Appearance: Paul appearance is that of a short humanoid mushroom, his skin is a shiny, slightly yellowish grey. His head is a giant mushroom with large red eyes, a mouth and a red cap with large white spots on it.
    He wares no clothing however he has no genitalia or butt.

Traits:
    +Conman – You have a knack for talking people out of their money.
    +Scavenger – Paul has a knack for finding things big small anything really.
    +Sales man – Paul is able to find a way to sell even the most useless pieces of junk.
    *Strange pupils - Your pupils will sometimes dilate to massive sizes; this effect can last anymore from a few minutes to several hours. You have no control over it.
    -Weak limbs – When you take bad physical damage your limbs have a chance to fall off.
    -Noseless – Paul has no nose as such he can’t smell.
    -Reliant – As a result of relying off scamming people for a living Paul is reliant on other people and is less affective when alone.
    -Maintenance – Mushrooms and people aren't a natural combination as a result several of your bodily functions don't work properly or are made more difficult. You must secrete a noxious gas every few hours. Due to your fungal genes you are unable to consume normal food and instead must constantly go through a process consuming, digesting and regurgitating small amounts of soil or dirt, you need to eat like this roughly 4 times the amount a human eats per day.

Perks:
    Social Butterfly, Perky, Oh Lucky Day and Quick Learner. (I'm Guessing that the perky skill lets me have two extra perks not counting its self)

Fungal Anatomy – Is capable of releasing hallucinogenic from mushroom cap on head. Also capable of reattaching severed body parts by holding them firmly to the place they where severed from for several hours.

I woke up on a cool concrete floor, lying in a puddle of a clear slimy liquid. I had no memories but I did have knowledge, the urge to find and scam people and the feeling that I needed to find "it".

Looking around I realized that I was in some sort of laboratory and I had presumably come from the large vat, with the shattered window, in the center of the room. On further investigation of the vat I uncovered a tag, "Test subject: 237, Age: 22, Name: Paul Merry... Paul Merry that name sounded familiar, it's the name I have now assumed.

Finding nothing further on the vat or in the room I decided to explore the lab, unfortunately I was able to nothing worth note and all the other vats I cheated where rather empty or contained murky brown liquid and a stance that made them unapproachable.

Realizing that "it" was not here I left to find a world plagued by demons and zombies and destroyed by war. Now a year later, I have finally decided to leave the safety of my hideout and follow the calling to find it.

Inventory:
    Wooden scrap x12, Makeshift dagger x1, Mouldy Briefcase x1, Bag of pens x 1, Baseball Bat x1, Alan Wrench x 1, Cloth Scrap x 4, Electrical Scrap x 6, Bicycle Horn x 1, Food Bar x 2, Canned Goods x 3, Metal Scrap x 8, Sheriffs Awards, Nail File x 1

The Alonne and Firebird Zoom like this.
  12. Rgbunpro

Rgbunpro Cosmos Killer

There's only 1 error I can detect at the moment, and that is your perks. Perky gives you 1 extra perk, not counting itself.

13. themushroomlord

Revised app v2.2

Name: Paul Merry
    Race: Mutant (Human)

Stats:
    Physical Strength: 10
    Knowledge: 15 [+5]
    Speed: 20 [+5]
    People Skills: 30 [+20]
    Survival Skills: 25 [+15]
    Physical Resistance: 25 [+10]
    Mental Resistance: 25 [+15]
    Fortune: 30 [+20]
    Mutation: 30 [+20]
    Weapons Proficiency: No Proficiencies
    Melee: 10
    Ranged: 10
    Stealth: 20 [+10]

Appearance: Paul appearance is that of a short humanoid mushroom, his skin is a shiny, slightly yellowish grey. His head is a giant mushroom with large red eyes, a mouth and a red cap with large white spots on it.
    He wares no clothing however he has no genitalia or butt.

Traits:
    +Conman – You have a knack for talking people out of their money.
    +Scavenger – Paul has a knack for finding things big small anything really.
    +Sales man – Paul is able to find a way to sell even the most useless pieces of junk.
    *Strange pupils - Your pupils will sometimes dilate to massive sizes; this effect can last anymore from a few minutes to several hours. You have no control over it.
    -Weak limbs – When you take bad physical damage your limbs have a chance to fall off.
    -Noseless – Paul has no nose as such he can’t smell.
    -Reliant – As a result of relying off scamming people for a living Paul is reliant on other people and is less affective when alone.
    -Maintenance – Mushrooms and people aren't a natural combination as a result several of your bodily functions don't work properly or are made more difficult. You must secrete a noxious gas every few hours. Due to your fungal genes you are unable to consume normal food and instead must constantly go through a process consuming, digesting and regurgitating small amounts of soil or dirt, you need to eat like this roughly 4 times the amount a human eats per day.

Perks:
    Social Butterfly, Perky and Quick Learner

Fungal Anatomy – Is capable of releasing hallucinogenic from mushroom cap on head. Also capable of reattaching severed body parts by holding them firmly to the place they where severed from for several hours.

I woke up on a cool concrete floor, lying in a puddle of a clear slimy liquid. I had no memories but I did have knowledge, the urge to find and scam people and the feeling that I needed to find "it".

Looking around I realized that I was in some sort of laboratory and I had presumably come from the large vat, with the shattered window, in the center of the room. On further investigation of the vat I uncovered a tag, "Test subject: 237, Age: 22, Name: Paul Merry... Paul Merry that name sounded familiar, it's the name I have now assumed.

Finding nothing further on the vat or in the room I decided to explore the lab, unfortunately I was able to nothing worth note and all the other vats I cheated where rather empty or contained murky brown liquid and a stance that made them unapproachable.

Realizing that "it" was not here I left to find a world plagued by demons and zombies and destroyed by war. Now a year later, I have finally decided to leave the safety of my hideout and follow the calling to find it.

Inventory:
    Wooden scrap x12, Makeshift dagger x1, Mouldy Briefcase x1, Bag of pens x 1, Baseball Bat x1, Alan Wrench x 1, Cloth Scrap x 4, Electrical Scrap x 6, Bicycle Horn x 1, Food Bar x 2, Canned Goods x 3, Metal Scrap x 8, Sheriffs Awards, Nail File x 1

Is this better?

The Alonne and Firebird Zoom like this.
  14. MilkCalf

MilkCalf Supernova

I'm surprised no one said this yet, but don't write in second person. It's super nauziating. The other mistake you made is writing in two different persons in the same section (though I'd rather read that than a text fully in second person).

15. Rgbunpro

Rgbunpro Cosmos Killer

I edited some grammar, but other than that it's fine yeah.

16. Rgbunpro

Rgbunpro Cosmos Killer

17. HunterC1998

HunterC1998 Cosmos Killer

Merry Christmas to you too!!

18. themushroomlord

Marry Christmas!

19. Surenu

Surenu The End of Time

So, err, this is an application. I doubt it's perfect on the first attempt :D

Name: Dorian Lacroix

Race: Human

Stats

Physical Strength: 20

Knowledge: 20

Speed: 20

People Skills: 10

Survival Skills: 30

Physical Resistance: 30

Mental Resistance: 20

Fortune: 10

Magick/Mutation: 0

Weapons Proficiency: (You may choose one as main and gain a bonus)

Melee: 30

Ranged: 20

Magick Weapons:

Stealth: 20

Appearance:

Imposingly tall and muscular, but with a kind, "uncle-like" face that is adorned by a thick beard. Dorian has a few scars here and there, but nothing out of the ordinary. He usually wears lumberjack shirts, wool tuques and cargo pants.

Traits:

Smoker – Dorian smokes at least half a pack per day and gets really grumpy when he can't.

Camaraderie – Dorian will never leave a friend behind, even at his own expense.

Bilingual – Dorian speaks both French and English

Perks:

Huge!: This character gains a bonus in physical strength but loses points in speed.

Survivalist: This character gains a bonus in survival skills, but loses points in Fortune

Backstory:

Dorian was, originally, a Canadian lumberjack who had the misfortune to visit some extended family just before the disaster. He was never good at book-smarts, but always felt home in the woods, so his occupation was natural to him. As the disaster struck, he tried to get his family to safety, but to no avail. Ever since then, he has been scouring the ruins for food and supplies, oftentimes without any luck.

Starting Inventory:

Colt M1911

1 Full clip (9 Bullets)

2 apples

3 slabs of meat (Beef)

2 Wooden scrap

1 Basic melee weapon (Small hatchet.)

20. critsarecool

critsarecool The Waste of Time

One thing I'd advise is adding more traits, cause pretty much determine your character's limits to what they can and can't do. I often go for at least three negative and two positive. Personally, it's more fun to play a character with a healthy amount off negative traits. Otherwise, it gets boring because there is no real drawback to any actions you take.