Modding Help Issue with custom crops

Discussion in 'Mods' started by stardewbalverines, Aug 4, 2017.

1. stardewbalverines

stardewbalverines Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hi! So I've been working on making custom crops following Alpha_Omegasis' guide, but I'm having some problems;
    The items show up in game, but it is an empty box that I can't plant.
    [​IMG]
    I'm sure something got messed up in the coding, so I'm hoping someone can help me out lol

Thanks!!

• MysticTempest

MysticTempest Spaceman Spiff

Well, could be a couple things.
      But, if it's not planting; like not even decreasing the seed count number. Make sure the seeds you created are in the "Seeds -74" category in the ObjectInformation.yaml found under 'Content/Data/'
      And, you have the proper data filled out in the crops.yaml file.

If it starts decreasing count, but doesn't seem to be planting. Check that textures are aligned, and have the correct ObjectIDs; and that you're in the correct season you listed for your custom crop.

• stardewbalverines

Thanks!
        I got them to show up in game properly, but now when I try to plant them, the game crashes
        [​IMG]
        [​IMG]
        [​IMG]
        everything seems to be alright as far as the sprite sheets go, in the springobjects.xnb, fruittrees.xnb and crops.xnb

• MysticTempest

Hrm, can you post the error log?
          It should help narrow down the issue it's crashing on.

• stardewbalverines

Just quickly glancing at it, I see it referencing sprites a lot, so it may actually be an issue with my sprites

Attached Files:

• MysticTempest

Try testing your mod without SMAPI and those SMAPI mods. Usually, if it was the crops they would crash your game while still in your inventory with a unique message.
              The error I'm seeing in your log looks more like something is interfering with the tile indicator that gets drawn to show where you can plant.

• stardewbalverines

I tried that just now, and it is still doing it with the same error log :/
                I did, however, find something interesting; I tried replacing my custom springobjects.xnb with the original backup, and now it doesn't crash, but it's back being unplantable : P

so it might be possible that I screwed up that somehow? super weird

• MysticTempest

Hrm, not sure about the springobjects issue. But, I was double checking the screenshots of your earlier data.
                  After comparing the data to my own crop mods; I just noticed you're going to want to increase the tile indexes in the 'crops.yaml' file.
                  Start at 41 for your new crops; as 40 conflicts with Coffee.

Example for your Foxglove seeds:
                  summer/41/798

• stardewbalverines

Thanks, didn't notice that!
                    I think I'm going to start from scratch and see if I can figure out where I went wrong, as nothing seems to be fixing the problem :/

• MysticTempest

Alright, feel free to also send your files my way, and I can help test if you want. Could be something else that's not obvious, or missing from the screenshots.

• stardewbalverines

Sure! I noticed a few other small things that I fixed, but none seemed to fix it still :/
                        I'll send the files to you