Modding Discussion ISE4-R (Industrialization 4 - Reconstruction)

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by DraLUSAD, Jun 20, 2017.

1. DraLUSAD

DraLUSAD Giant Laser Beams

I've had a look at my overall efforts of this mod, and looking at what i have in so far, i think to my self "Are they even useful" and some times "What else could i do?"

Thinking back on it I've tried to add various of formulas, such as Research, and blue prints, but as always, unlocking via crafting or just picking up an item unlocks the next tier.

Now, bet your wondering "What is he getting at with this post?", the answer is plain and simple... the mods Usefulness

how "Useful" are the items ingame? are the farm-ables doing a good job? is the carbon items and tools worth having, perhaps there not enough use's for the custom gems, is it too grindy.

I'd like to know from you, the community, how you feel about this mod, what could be changed, added or removed, what should be improved on, or even, new elements, and if so, what kind of people to help with such goals.

I'm not the best person who can mod, as you can see, its only basic stuff in ISE4-R, but with your help, it can finally be something again.

2. snakeanarchy

snakeanarchy Phantasmal Quasar

i like the mod, currently not using it because i'm helping on the CTO mod, but i enjoy it. I would love to see as much content as possible, Materials, Liquids, ore and crystals... that sort of thing. I also use FU, which is a big deal, so compatibility is a must. Maybe less of the same items FU already has... idk on that score. But having many ways to make the same item doesn't suck either. Ever consider making stations that connect together like Factorio does? Power items similar to in FU, with different power outputs.

3. Noerlyth

Noerlyth Void-Bound Voyager

Any reason why the mod is gone?

4. 5tern

5tern Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Please turn back the mod! Or please anybody that already have an older version share it for me.
    ISE4-Reconstruction BETA 1.7.3 by DraLUSAD, Bk3k and lonewolf239
    SE4-Reconstruction FrackinU. Patch BUILD 6 by DraLUSAD
    thanks

5. AlanL

AlanL Scruffy Nerf-Herder

For starters, please warn people before removing your mod from steam. Your mod changes worldgen and so cannot be conveniently uninstalled; I had the mod installed via steam and when steam automatically deleted the mod from my game files, it broke my game universe...

That said, as a non-Frackin player, I found this mod useful mostly as an ore multiplier for big construction projects and space station building. Beyond that, it's nice to be able to extract oil from tar, turn stone to sand, etc. One possible avenue to pursue however is to make this mod handle actual industry, as in, factories that mass produce stuff; machines that can link together and generate large amounts of resources, then process those resources into something useful. For example, automated farm -> food + plant fiber -> processed food + bandages, all done automatically so you can walk away and come back to a stockpile. Or, heaps of ore (from an auto miner or bulldozer mining) + tons of water (from some automatic pump) -> ore + salt + water + hydrogen -> gaseous ore processing -> piles of bars in a container, all handled automatically through chained machines.

I'd imagine that would be quite difficult, though in general, any process that either provides alternatives/enhancements to vanilla processes or makes use of something that's useless in vanilla would probably be handy. As for what I haven't been using, the farmables (because I have a bulldozer to mine with), the mass fabricator, and the isotope cell (because yellorium is a bit too rare to actually be worth hunting down for power, and it takes aeons to get 100 by stumbling on it). The farmables, mass fabricator, and auto miners have a problem in that they have the same use in a sense, generating items. Of the three, I prefer the auto miners simply for the look, but why would one need all three?

Finally, as an aside, it might be convenient to enable abandoning the machine tutorial missions. Most people can figure out how to use the mod without them, and there's not much need to have the isotope mission hanging around in my list forever because I don't have enough yellorium to clear it from my list.

xaliber likes this.
  6. Noerlyth

Still have it and could send it later

7. xaliber

xaliber Scruffy Nerf-Herder

As a primarily non-FU player too, I love ISE4. Particularly the ore and liquid extractor. I like how we need to power it up with energy.

I agree that the mod removal can cause problem. Thankfully I have the older version from CF forums so I don't have to delete my .world file.

8. 5tern

I would be very grateful

9. DraLUSAD

I sincerely apologies for removing the mod completely with out warning, I have many reasons but will not get into details, I know @Lonewolf239 and @bk3k put a lot of time and effort into these mods. I just want you all to know, Pressure, time, and life got to me entirely.

I can freely send the remaining links to the Mods which are currently in date, these, however, will never receive further updates, and i will now officially, and genuinely announce there abandonment, should anyone wish to pick them up, and continue the mod(s), feel free to

ISE4:R: https://www.dropbox.com/s/9v5lvz0h4frmnh8/ISE4V1.6.18.7z?dl=0
    Idle Miners: https://www.dropbox.com/s/2si6ujlgly6six5/idleminersV131.7z?dl=0
    ISE4toFU Patch: https://www.dropbox.com/s/2951teyou6r5uam/ISE4&FUPatch6.7z?dl=0

10. 5tern

hope you will solve your problems and came back =)

11. Noerlyth

So would it also be okay if someone adds it to workshop so others can use it even if it isn't someone you plans on working with it?

12. DraLUSAD

I've already announced the official abandonment, its no longer in my control, should someone upload it to steam, edit it, update it, work on it to a more better quality, its there for the taking

13. thakyZ

thakyZ Cosmic Narwhal

@DraLUSAD Can I republish the Idle Miners on Workshop? I will give 100% credit to you.

14. Noerlyth

15. DraLUSAD

If you like, nothing is stopping you xD

16. jje64

jje64 Phantasmal Quasar

Abandoning the mod is one thing. I don’t get removing it.

This, boys and girls, is exactly why I will never ever use Steam. Nothing goes in or out of my mod folder without me doing it.

Thanks for posting the files though,

xaliber likes this.
  17. thakyZ

thakyZ Cosmic Narwhal

@DraLUSAD Do you by any chance have the newer version of the Idle Miners mod with the new textures?

18. SkyreVentes

SkyreVentes Big Damn Hero

I know I'm a little late to this conversation, but... if you're gonna re-upload and/or update it on steam, could you please do so on nexus as well, for those of us who got the GoG version and don't wanna buy the game a second time?

19. notanaccount2

notanaccount2 Big Damn Hero

Exactly. Baffling that there are people that actually try to defend using steam over the forums here for modding.

Also the idle miners backup link posted by the author himself has 404'd, because of course it has.

20. DraLUSAD

Curtiola likes this.