1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Bug/Issue Is this a solutionless problem?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Katran221, Jan 31, 2017.

1. Katran221

Katran221 Intergalactic Tourist

So, I finally decided I wanted a game where my cute little farming couple has kids. Upgraded the house, was at 12-13 hearts with spouse, et. al. I get asked if we should have a baby. I click "Yes."

Next morning, spouse is angry and won't get out of bed, and I've lost one or two hearts with him/her. Also, more than 14 days have gone by since I was asked about said baby, and no baby has been born.

I noticed others have had similar problems, and no one seems to know why this happens/fails to happen. But this happened to me in two different games - basically the only two games where I upgraded the house to have a nursery.

Anyway, if there's still no solution to this problem - and it doesn't appear that there is - I just wanted to add another voice to the chorus, so to speak.

Further - if there's still no solution - I'd like to know so I can focus on other SDV games that I have in progress and stop playing the ones where I intended to have kids, if kids aren't going to happen. At least until this gets addressed in some way.

Love the game, BTW, and never had any other problems with it.

Thanks for reading, folks. Peace.

edit: Forgot to mention I'm playing this on a Dell PC, running Windows 10, in case it matters.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2017
    • _PandorasBox_

_PandorasBox_ Sandwich Man

Try running it for 16 days instead of 14, I think I saw somewhere where that was the case

But the hearts thing appears to be normal? The first time my character and Elliot wanted a kid, the next day, even though I said yes, he was in bed, as if I didn't choose that ( Or he was just too tired -Snicker- ). And is the spouse talking about being pregnant, or having adoption papers ( Depending on your couple ) ? I know the pregnancy can be removed, and I know you can check in the save file code for how many days left until the kid comes. Not sure how myself though

• Katran221

Katran221 Intergalactic Tourist

Thanks for responding, Pandora. I think what happened in my one game was that a random event (meteor) occurred the night the baby was supposed to be born, because I ran it past 16 days per your suggestion and no dice. Whatever the case, my most recent game worked just fine - baby arrived on time with no issues.

The angry spouse thing is kind of annoying though, because I'm neurotic about keep the relationship at 12-13 hearts. If that really is part of the game, it's a little bewildering, but I suppose it may not be a glitch at all.

• _PandorasBox_

_PandorasBox_ Sandwich Man

I think it is a glitch to be honest, unless they're just tired after, ahem, "calling the Stork", and are just moody from it. It's a pretty harmless bug, if it is one, so they probably aren't interested in fixing it anytime soon, simply because it's a minor annoyance but that's about it

And yeah, I've heard events scheduled on the same nights tend to override each other. I've never had it happen myself, but I think I've just been lucky with event happenings

• Odd Farmer

Odd Farmer Big Damn Hero

Usually your spouse will stay in bed when you ignore him/her for several days. It's even logical, you wouldn't be happy either if your partner didn't talk to you for a while. Just gift them with favorites and the next day they should be back to their old self again. The heart loss can be made up that way, too.