Modding Help Is there a comprehensive list of all object and item names?

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Nightmares, Dec 20, 2013.

1. Nightmares

Nightmares Scruffy Nerf-Herder

A list that contains everything you can spawn in the game so I don't have to go look at every file

2. FoolsPower

FoolsPower Subatomic Cosmonaut

3. Nightmares

As awesome as that list is, I meant along the lines of objectName and itemName

4. wccrawford

wccrawford Void-Bound Voyager

kc01, flyinpancake and Nightmares like this.
  5. Nightmares

That's beautiful, it doesn't contain monstertypes or npctypes or tools does it?

6. wccrawford

Tools should be in, but not the others. You mentioned objectName and itemName, so I only took things with those tags.

NPCs and Monsters don't seem to have names or descriptions at all. Unless I'm just looking in the wrong place.

7. Eathed

Eathed Pangalactic Porcupine

I think monsters and NPCs are generated, so they probably wont have descriptions or anything.

8. Nightmares

Their tags are in the .monstertype with the tag "type", npcs are .npctype under "type" as well

9. Nightmares

I was able to get the monster types and npc types too. These are them formatted to be put in an array.

Attached Files:

kc01 likes this.
  10. Eathed

Eathed Pangalactic Porcupine

Awesome, thanks for making those.

11. Derrick Hinkle

Derrick Hinkle Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Thanks for doing this! I'll try to stick this somewhere reasonably permanent (if you don't mind) when I get that far.

12. wccrawford

Feel free! That's why I posted the script as well, in case anyone wants to improve on it... Or run it for later releases.

13. jaaason

jaaason Intergalactic Tourist

Everything seems in order, but some things like the Techs do not function. It creates the item, put you cannot use it as you would when you active it. Any details on how to get that to work?

14. Nightmares

Not quite sure what you mean...you get the blueprint but you can't learn it?

15. Dillon The Hylotl

Dillon The Hylotl Starship Captain

What about armor ids?

16. flyinpancake

flyinpancake Pangalactic Porcupine

All of the tier'd armor id's are <race>tier<1-10>chest <race>tier<1-10>head <race>tier<1-10>pants
    such as apextier10pants for some strong monkey pants. :lolwut:
    I'm trying to figure out how to re run the code wccrawford posted earlier and get us an up to date item list, but those should be on the one poster earlier.
    If you need to organize them I suggest http://textmechanic.com/

also, if anyone can help or has a new list of item names that would be awesome! :laugh:

17. Techs create a seperate item for learning the .tech item automatically.

18. debugman18

debugman18 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Add '-chip' to the item name.

Here is an extensive list(s) of items/clothes/techs etcetera. It's not all-inclusive right now, but it's pretty extensive.
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/htpqrf3ht34rqq2/Furious_Koala.zip

Coro likes this.
  19. Coro

Coro Void-Bound Voyager

Thanks debugman18! Would you happen to have the item names/identifiers for back armor? :)

20. debugman18

debugman18 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Should be under 'backlist'. You may have to add -back to the file name for some of them though, for them to show up. Same syntax goes for head, chest, and legs.

Coro likes this.