1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed Is The Key Already Redeemable?

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by zombiebot, May 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zombiebot

zombiebot Void-Bound Voyager

I could swear that I've read about people already redeeming their codes through Steam. I tried it now, but it gave me an invalid message.

2. Spart117MC

Spart117MC Void-Bound Voyager

Are you certain they meant the game? Are you sure you didn't mistake it with the soundtrack?

I just checked the Steam store and there is no entry for Starbound. There would be one if the game were on Steam and redeemable.

3. zombiebot

Oh, well, I'm confused then. I meant the key they emailed. That links to the Humble Bundle site. Well, I guess I'll find out when the beta releases. Thank you.

4. Spart117MC

I was under the impression that that was related to the soundtrack. :wut: Hmm.

You welcome, though I'm sorry I couldn't be of more help.

5. zombiebot

I already downloaded the soundtrack. I'm just asking about the game key. My guess now is that it becomes valid when the beta comes out.

6. Spart117MC

Oh well. I guess like you said, we'll find out when the beta comes out.

7. Kevio

Kevio Star Wrangler

No, it will not be redeemable until the game/beta is released! :)

8. RumorZ

RumorZ Void-Bound Voyager

So when the beta does actually come out you use the key on steam to receive your copy of the game? Am I right?

9. Quantum

Quantum Spaceman Spiff

Well I believe when the 'beta' begins you'll be able to download from the Humble Bundle site, then once the pre-orders are down and the game moves to Steam for early access we should be receiving Steam keys via our purchasing emails. I don't know if this has been answered officially yet or not, pretty much just guessing on current information.

And no I'm pretty sure the Humble key is not your Steam key.

10. The "key" on your Humble Bundle Site is just the link to the Starbound rewards page. When steam keys are distrbuted, a new key will appear on either of those pages, which is what you will use to get the game into your steam library.

Also, I don't think a game has to be available for purchase on steam for you to be able to use a steam key for it.

Quantum likes this.
  11. Bethor

Bethor Big Damn Hero

I do think you are right here, i pledged for a game called castle story, and i have a steamkey for the betaversion of that game, however that game is not yet avaliable on Steam. Although i guess starbound can be on the steam early realease thingy like a game like Kerbal Space Program is. Where you get a beta key that will also give you access to the finished game when it is out. And you can also buy that key on Steam already. So its basically up to how the devs do things with steam.

12. zombiebot

Oh, wow. Thank you all for your responses!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.