Modding Help Is it currently impossible to have a custom .config file to edit the UI of custom crafting tables?

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Pinchy, Dec 14, 2013.

1. Pinchy

Pinchy Subatomic Cosmonaut

I created a custom crafting table and recipes by copying the existing woodencraftingtable1, it works fine.

Then I decided to try editing the existing wooden crafting table UI as well, to give it a design relevant to what it does.

This involves creating a copy of craftingtable.config in \assets\interface\windowconfig.

So I created a copy (I did not edit the copy in any way) of this and referenced it from my

\assets\objects\generic\customcraftingtable\customcraftingtable.object file on this line:

"config" : "/interface/windowconfig/customcraftingtable.config"

When I press E to activate the table it closes the game with no errors or persistent process running that I have to close in task manager.

In my error log, these lines are related but I do not know why the game cannot find the file, as I am sure it is in the correct place:

Error: Could not load /interface/windowconfig/customcraftingtable.config asset, attempting to use default.
    AssetException: Could not read variant asset /interface/windowconfig/customcraftingtable.config
    caused by: AssetException: No such asset '/interface/windowconfig/customcraftingtable.config'
    004E7C2F (C:/starbound/source/game/StarAssets.hpp:15)
    004E8AEC (C:/starbound/source/core/StarVariant.hpp:27)
    004E0B0F (C:/starbound/source/game/StarAssets.cpp:974)
    ... (4)
    004EB50C (C:/starbound/source/game/StarAssets.cpp:660)
    0045F35D (C:/starbound/source/frontend/StarCraftingInterface.cpp:26)
    ... (3)
    0042B88B (C:/starbound/source/frontend/StarMainInterface.cpp:749)
    00404EF0 (C:/starbound/source/core/StarAny.hpp:488)
    00407357 (C:/starbound/source/client/StarClientApplication.cpp:368)
    0040A254 (C:/starbound/source/application/StarApplicationBase.cpp:199)
    00407C7F (C:/starbound/source/client/main.cpp:49)
    004DB911 (c:\SDL-1.2.15/./src/main/win32/SDL_win32_main.c:318)

Warn: Slow asset 0.135 : /interface/windowconfig/customcraftingtable.config
    Error: VariantException: No such key in Variant::get("paneLayout")
    007C5054 (C:/starbound/source/core/StarVariant.hpp:14)
    ... (3)
    0042B88B (C:/starbound/source/frontend/StarMainInterface.cpp:749)
    00404EF0 (C:/starbound/source/core/StarAny.hpp:488)
    00407357 (C:/starbound/source/client/StarClientApplication.cpp:368)
    0040A254 (C:/starbound/source/application/StarApplicationBase.cpp:199)
    00407C7F (C:/starbound/source/client/main.cpp:49)
    004DB911 (c:\SDL-1.2.15/./src/main/win32/SDL_win32_main.c:318)

I believe the issue here is how I am using the bootstrap to load a different folder structure and the customcraftingtable.object is linking the files using a slash to start like this: /interface/windowconfig/nesmetroidcraftingtable.config

Maybe it needs a more specific link? The game cannot seem to find the /interface/windowconfig/customcraftingtable.config

2. Xlar

Xlar Void-Bound Voyager

Here's how mine looks, though I used the frogmerchant stuff as the base for my vending machine and it's ui.

[​IMG]

I haven't really changed much yet but it uses 3 of it's own interface files. "modvm.config" in the windowconfig folder, with "modvmbody.png" and "modvmicon.png" in the crafting folder.

In my object file for my vending machine it says;

"objectName" : "modvm_vendingmachine",
    "rarity" : "Common",
    "objectType" : "interactable",
    "interactAction" : "OpenCraftingInterface",
    "interactData" : {
    "config" : "/interface/windowconfig/modvm.config",

The "modvm.config" is just the "frogmerchant.config" copied and renamed with some edits like linking to "modvmbody.png" and "modvmicon.png".