1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Is Impervium worth it?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Cake, Apr 15, 2013.

?

Should I buy Impervium?

1. Yes

45.4%
  2. No

54.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gredd18

Gredd18 Giant Laser Beams

I'd Buy Two Solarium-Teirs. DUAL WIELIDING WEAPONZ.

2. jetsetdizzy

jetsetdizzy Big Damn Hero

At that price it's certainly not a dick move, people have had plenty of time to grab them already anyway. Also if they do well enough they might allow for more.

3. Cake

Cake Cosmic Narwhal

Anyone have any last idea's? If not I am going to hold onto my money for now.

4. Spike

Spike Supernova

I would suggest holding onto your money IF and ONLY IF you are financially needy. I spent $500 dollars on Topia Online, and I kept regretting about it on some nights, since I am now $500 short, and got very little in return. I'm not saying starbound is a bad game, far from it. But maybe getting a digital statue might not be worth $2,000 for those who are financially unstable. Once again, if you are financially well off, then feel very free to spend any amount of money on the game. But if you have to work for money like I do, then I would suggest holding onto the money for now, since there might be a chance you might regret it later.

5. DeathBySnuSnu

DeathBySnuSnu Void-Bound Voyager

I can't believe anyone is even considering this. Invest your 2k. Put it in a savings account. Donate to charity. There are about 5 million better uses for it. Buy a bunch of pixel tier and give them away to people so we have more players. I thought the $2000 was a joke

Spike likes this.
  6. Spike

Spike Supernova

And yet when I started a thread about it, a whole bunch of people flamed me for not putting their financial situations into consideration, since "anyone could be a millionaire and $2,000 is apparently nothing to them". Yeah, $2,000 is a bit steep, but there are people who buy them, and they may be well off enough to brush off such money as nothing. But to that cake guy, you and me, I don't think $2,000 is a reasonable price tag.

7. Cake

Cake Cosmic Narwhal

Alright, i'll wait till morning before asking to close this so other people can respond.

Spike likes this.
  8. Spike

Spike Supernova

And hey, you can look at it this way: saving up money often will build you the habit of saving more and spending less, and before you know it, those $2,000 can turn into $3,000, and then $4,000, and so on, and so on. You might just be able to afford something better in the future, so having a good habit today will benefit you greatly.

9. Cake

Cake Cosmic Narwhal

Good point, i'll keep that in mind.

Spike likes this.
  10. SeanIsFail

SeanIsFail Aquatic Astronaut

It is a very cool and nice option and if you have the money to throw around and nothing else you want then go ahead. I wouldn't do it simply because I don't have that kind of money to throw around and if I did I'd probably use it to build a new PC, but hey! If you do and this is something you are really into go ahead man!

JackOfAllTrades and Spike like this.
  11. Sometimes it's not the rewards that push people to spend a lot, but knowing you are one of the few people that really went far to support a small group that created an awesome game.

Statue is OK, I probably would prefer something different. I won't complain because a sexy statue of myself will be in the game forever, that no one will ever use :(

NerArth and Spike like this.
  12. Patchouli

Patchouli Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hey, if your statue is awesome enough, people will use it, if maybe only in some sort of building lobby.

13. Spike

Spike Supernova

Honestly, whilst I would advocate saving money, I think you are an awesome person for helping out Tiy and his employees, some of whom had to take a second job just to support themselves through this hard time. You are a hero in your own right, and I won't ever tell you that your generosity is a mistake.

14. Spike

Spike Supernova

How about a sexy picture instead?

Kyemaron Epic Fight.jpg

15. You should totally spend that other $1000 for me o3o

Just kidding

ST4TICStriker and Spike like this.
  16. Spike

Spike Supernova

... On second thought, I suddenly have an urge to build a solid gold statue of Pierce Morgan, and you should totally waste all your precious income onto my frivolous and impulsive dreams.

I'm joking btw. Don't give me a cent.

17. LazerEagle1

LazerEagle1 Master Astronaut

Somebody should totally spend the $15 on me. :p

Spike likes this.
  18. JackOfAllTrades

JackOfAllTrades Cosmic Narwhal

Well, I must say, if your statue ends up looking anything like the dapper sprite in your avatar, I might actually use it. I can see it now: two of them, made of stone, or perhaps marble, bringing about a certain flair to my personal ballroom or banquet hall.

...Oh great, I'm envisioning things again. Curse you, hype train. :cry:

Spike likes this.
  19. Zailiner

Zailiner Over 9000!!!

The moment I saw "pretty close it". I thought no.
    It seems like you don't have money to spare as you actually need to save up for it.

ST4TICStriker and Spike like this.
  20. My avatar is pretty much what I look like, but with just slightly longer hair :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.