1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Is Impervium worth it?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Cake, Apr 15, 2013.

?

Should I buy Impervium?

1. Yes

45.4%
  2. No

54.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Saganatra

Saganatra Aquatic Astronaut

Voted no, but only because you had to make the poll in the first place. If you are on the fence about it then it probably isn't worth it. While it is true that supporting the dev team is a great thing, $2000 is quite a big chunk of change and if you have any doubts at all you shouldn't make that kind of commitment. Maybe you should mull it over a bit, and if you still have doubts after that drop a tier or two down.

No matter what you decide to do, you are still awesome for helping the devs out. ^_^

ii KillForCake likes this.
  2. V For Vendetta

V For Vendetta Scruffy Nerf-Herder

If you were going for the $2000 dollar tier, and you can't deside if it's 'worth' it, go for the $1000 tier for making your own weapon! It will help the dev's a lot and it will be fun to design the gun. Also, I think you get all the tier's bonuses like the ones above, WITH that tier's bonus. So, a hat design, npc name, etc. (Don't quote me on that, I don't know.)

jetsetdizzy and Shippo like this.
  3. Cake

Cake Cosmic Narwhal

If you buy weapon design I don't think you can make a hat also.

4. Scruffy

Scruffy Pangalactic Porcupine

You could give out one Platinum or one Solarium then the rest pixel tier.

5. FenixR

FenixR Cosmic Narwhal

If you buy both, you can.

6. Abstract

Abstract Void-Bound Voyager

I'd personally say don't go for $2000 in one sweep. You'd get the most enjoyment out of designing a gun or a hat - or both. Then use the rest of the money to buy gift copies; that'd make a lot of other people happy as well.

7. Cake

Cake Cosmic Narwhal

You are not telling me how to spend it, just recommending or expressing your opinion.

8. Beta

Beta Void-Bound Voyager

Either 100 giveaway and keep the 500 for yourself or one of the weapon or hat and keep the remaining money. I voted no.

9. Shrikevin

Shrikevin Void-Bound Voyager

I voted no, because as was mentioned, any doubt is a doubt you'll have after you spend the money. If you can spend it and not take a hit financially, then consider it. If not, don't do it. I personally can't right now, as a poor student, but in a few years I'll be able to afford it, for Starbound 2 ;)

10. Cake

Cake Cosmic Narwhal

Thank's for all these great suggestion's. I am gonna sleep on it, keep posting your suggestions i'll check again in the morning. Right now the best option I think is to buy like 300+ pixl tier's. ( I don't know how many copy's 2000$ is, i'm too lazy too look it up. )

11. FenixR

FenixR Cosmic Narwhal

176 if you buy the 4 pack (45$ per 4 pack) or 133 for individual packs.

Edit: Not counting if you buy a higher tier pack for yourself.

12. padmod

padmod Master Chief

Voted no. Personally, if I had that kinda money to give away, I'd by a solarium and either keep the last grand for myself or spend it on pixel tiers for a giveaway. I just feel designing your own weapon grants a much higher potential to express your own personality/ideas into the game and create something truly unique, I mean the statue's cool and all but honestly how often are you gonna see it? Wouldn't you rather blow something up with something you designed?
    Not my money though, your choice at the end of the day :)

NerArth likes this.
  13. Patchouli

Patchouli Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Not sure if anyone said the same thing, because I didn't check all the posts first,

but really, you're not paying $2,000 to get a statue of yourself, you're getting a statue of yourself for giving them $2,000.

14. Cake

Cake Cosmic Narwhal

On two other post's I already said I know this is to support them but $2000 isn't something I come across easily so I want to get something out of my purchase.

15. Patchouli

Well, now that I think about it, it is kind of strange that it doesn't give you the lower tier bonuses as well. It would make more sense if it let you design a hat, weapon, AND give you the statue, rather than just simply the statue and that's it.

ii KillForCake likes this.
  16. Ken_Chihuly

Ken_Chihuly Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I have some ideas!

Options:
    1. 2x Solarium Tiers
    2. Solarium, 2x Platinum
    3. Tons of Gold Teirs or Diamond Tiers
    4. Solarium Tier, Platinum Tier, and a few gold Tiers
    (Extra Option)
    5. For options 3 and 4, you could buy some Pixel or Silver 4packs to give out for free.
    For the non-creative.

Hold contests for people to design a Weapon, hat(s), and NPC names.
    For whichever design you don't do yourself, you can use leftover designs for some contests. If you want.
    Winners of your choice for the submissions, get their idea submitted in to Chuckle fish as well as winning a code.
    And the 4-pack codes can be given out to friends or others for free. For those who aren't to creative and such.

Or design all the items and names yourself and give the codes out for free!

17. cvnvnasdf

cvnvnasdf Industrial Terraformer

Yes, you'll be proud of your own face on that statue.

18. cvnvnasdf

cvnvnasdf Industrial Terraformer

Or, you can get the $500 value pack, and make your own hat. If I have the money, I'll make that hat.

19. Patchouli

What do you mean by "Value pack"? o_O

20. MrHiggle

MrHiggle Existential Complex

I think you should buy it, not only will you get a reputation but you will also support Chucklefish GREATLY! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.