1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Introducing Starbounder! The Planet Project and Wiki

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Katzeus, May 16, 2013.

1. Lobo

Lobo Spaceman Spiff

I'm glad to see that some members are already getting involved to the point of making blogs and wikis about starbound!
    it shows that, not only the game itself is amazing, but it's gathering a friendly community :giggle:

EDIT: What if all the members involved in blogs and wikis, like you, dak47922 (the creator of starboundgame.wikia) and that guy cosmin negoita, joined to make 1 big starbound info blog? :up:

2. Towwl

Towwl Phantasmal Quasar

Just wanted to post here and say this wiki seems great, and I'm a big fan of the planet database goal of it. Once the beta release comes out I'll be sure to help contribute.

Katzeus likes this.
  3. DJOkamical

DJOkamical Space Kumquat

Ooh! Another Starbound Wiki!

Well, good luck to you in the competition against the other 20 starbound wikis :p.

Gouki likes this.
  4. dak47922

dak47922 Pangalactic Porcupine

That might not be a bad idea.

5. Katzeus

Katzeus Chucklefisherman Chucklefish

I'm always down to work with anyone for this!

6. Cramdawg

Cramdawg Sandwich Man

Well hey, I just bumped into your wiki and made a few little additions, I think I'll do my best to become a regular contributor! :)

I think I'm gonna revamp the monsters page to add in the contest winners next :3

Serenity likes this.
  7. Serenity

Serenity The Waste of Time

I wish you and all the other rouge unofficial wikis would unite to make a nice alternative to the hero wiki.

8. Katzeus

That's awesome man, thanks so much!! Yeah, the monsters page definitely needs some attention. I've got a page outlining the contests that have resulted in user contributions to the game, but haven't actually made pages for things like Poptops and stuff. Here's the contest page FYI...

http://starbounder.org/Contests

Again, I don't really want to have the goal be to 'take down Hero', I think a wiki should aim to be inclusive and focus on being a positive source for the community. Anyone who wants to help build this wiki is welcome, but I'd rather not have it turn into a competition.

That said, Hero's wiki is pretty neglected and the information is out of date, how is this not already a nice alternative?

9. Serenity

Serenity The Waste of Time

Good Point

10. Katzeus

The Biomes page got a nice graphical revamp this weekend, take a look if you haven't been on the wiki in a while...

http://starbounder.org/Biome

11. Silveresque

Silveresque Void-Bound Voyager

Is the Planet Project still a thing? It sounds cool, but the site still says it's "not yet enabled" after three years and two official releases.

fixpoint likes this.