Tutorial Installing mods for Starbound 1.0

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by The | Suit, Jan 20, 2015.

1. Kaptain zed-katze

Kaptain zed-katze Space Hobo

thx for the help

2. ClawMacKain

ClawMacKain Void-Bound Voyager

I need a little help with a mod I'm trying to install. I'm getting some issues I don't know how to resolve.

Firstly, I'm trying to install the Felin mod race custom introduction mission ( http://community.playstarbound.com/resources/felin-intro-mission.4434/ ) and I got it in a .zip, which I unpacked the main folder and all it's contents. It has a .metadata file in the folder along with its other contents. I try moving this to the mods folder of Starbound and see if I can start up Starbound to install the mod through there and Starbound crashes immediately when I try to run it giving me a long error message script.

So I instead try to install the mod with the Mod Uploader Tool and I get another error message saying "Error submitting changes to Steam UGC item (2)"

At this point I'm stuck and can't figure out how to get it to work.

3. ClawMacKain

ClawMacKain Void-Bound Voyager

Ah, nevermind. I think I found the cause of it crashing Starbound. I'll try something to see if it works.

EDIT: Yep, works now. So disregard this.

4. RacingCheetahz

RacingCheetahz Tentacle Wrangler

5. getrektfnaf

getrektfnaf Space Hobo

I added a .pak mod and nothing happened. (Canid mod)

6. PredatorH

PredatorH Space Hobo

hi this is probably a silly question but under my steam - steamapps - common - stardewvalley theres no mods

7. MichaelTheWeeb

MichaelTheWeeb Yeah, You!

I'm having a bit of a problem with the alternate human eyes mod ( http://community.playstarbound.com/resources/human-eyes.3718/ ) I do everything that follows but I never see any sort of .pak file, even after unzipping and all that jazz. I even unsubbed from the steam version (Which wasn't working) and when I reload the game nothing changes whatsoever.

8. WhySoPeaSoup777

WhySoPeaSoup777 Void-Bound Voyager

Um mine has .lua files... Anybody help me?

9. JohnsonHealth

JohnsonHealth Seal Broken

Can you put mods on Starbound Unstable? {Just asking because my friends normal StarBound wont work for some reason, so we resorted to Unstable which works the same.}