1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Information on Unlocking blueprints/higher crafting recipes

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Crestfallen, Dec 5, 2013.

1. Crestfallen

Crestfallen Space Hobo

Hi all! i started this thread because as they are currently designed, the prerequisites for unlocking a higher tier of armor are very ambiguous.
    Some Items unlock via Crafting, however others are done differently.
    One complaint i have is that ; when you are playing with a large group of friends, resources are not shared evenly, and as a result you will have people making items for others( inability to transfer pixels causes this).
    The effect of this is people are unable to craft anything but the base armor if they have not crafted things themselves, and people end up having to go back and farm pixels/ lower tier resources in order to make what they want.

So in order to Combat this odd feature, Please share information on what Unlocks certain Items and armors to be crafted
    Example:
    Crafted: copper greaves/Chest/helmet - Unlocked: Silver greaves/chest/helmet

armors above silver seem to be the most asked about.

Lycanthrope likes this.
  2. GMark

GMark Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Sandstone Block unlocked when I first mined a sandstone stalactite.

3. Xendhaius

Xendhaius Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I can't recall the name, but crafting Gold Armor unlocked another armor.

4. GMark

GMark Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Building the Metal works unlocked all the steel stuff, and some cool robot parts, as well as henchman summoners.

5. MangoTrooper

MangoTrooper Aquatic Astronaut

Tiers 2-3-4 are unlocked by boss dropped star map upgrades. Or by crafting using the boss' dropped item.
    Higher tiers are unlocked by crafting tech upgrades each costing 40 ingots of the previous tiers unlocked resouce.
    For example, the DuraSteel Tech Upgrade is crafted with 40 DuraSteel Bars, and alows you to work with DuraSteel to make furniture, weapons, armor. And it also unlocks the ability to craft the next tier of Tech Upgrade.
    A possible current bug: Tech Upgrades aren't consumed upon being used allowing them to be easily shared amongst a group.