1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Infinite sales and infinite purchasing power.

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by The | Suit, May 24, 2015.

1. DJFlare84

DJFlare84 Spaceman Spiff

Very much this.

There's really no reason to be worried about how many pixels someone can accumulate when they're really not used for anything important.

The most you can do with Pixels is afford lots of cool Soft Metal bricks to build yourself a nice, big, science-home.

... or one made of legos...

Also agreed.

NerArth, Chrillzilla and DrgnKakashi like this.
  2. Chrillzilla

Chrillzilla Big Damn Hero

Totally agreed!

NerArth likes this.
  3. Azraile

Azraile Ketchup Robot

Most games? 3-10 in game days.

4. Chrillzilla

Chrillzilla Big Damn Hero

When digging through thousands of cobblestone blocks, i collect ores worth far more, even if i get 1px per block and with the newly reduced refinery outcome. Don't think that's that much a difference.

NerArth likes this.
  5. NerArth

NerArth Pangalactic Porcupine

Agreed, especially with the first statement. Edit: Actually, come to think of, a bit of an odd variety included in the portable printer thing...

Good point I suppose.

Was this in regard to my question about rates of merchant money resupply rates? If so, cheers for feedback. (I personally try to quote the posts I'm replying to if they're not directly above :))

Last edited: May 26, 2015
  6. Azraile

Azraile Ketchup Robot

Yah I was talking about the rates of resupply.

They usaly take a few game days or a week. Like I said there ways to get them more money like quests or investing in them, and if they run out of money you can always buy from them so they will have more. lol

Works rather well.

7. NerArth

NerArth Pangalactic Porcupine

It might work well on those games because of the rest of the economical dynamics though. Only if they actually put such a system in place in Starbound would we be able to truly perceive the impact of such a change.

Maybe it wouldn't work or maybe it would. It's a bit subjective, because different people have different availability, in terms of time and amount of mental power they want to dedicate to something, especially in regards to a game.

And not to mention, it might feel like it works well for you, but it might not appeal to everyone else, as you can probably see from some other people on this thread, other than myself.

No disrespect intended, simply sharing my views. :)

DrgnKakashi and Chrillzilla like this.
  8. Nightmaster

Nightmaster Pangalactic Porcupine

An idea is to make everything you do in the game cost pixels.

By the very definition of the background, pixels are used as currency because they are used to make lots of things, from simple tables to high-tech machinery.

Make everything that one can craft cost not only the base materials but also pixels

9. STCW262

STCW262 Heliosphere

Or, better yet so it makes sense, be eble to use pixels instead.

NerArth likes this.
  10. Nightmaster

Nightmaster Pangalactic Porcupine

You need more than pixels. Pixels are like basic matter, the "glue" that will bind everything together.

My idea keep the need to mine minerals and resources and at the same time make pixels necessary to create objects and equips too. That way you give value to then and avoid the overflowing of money in the game at later stages because everything you create would cost not only minerals, fibers and etc but also an variable amount of pixels.

This is called "money sink" and every game that have money as a resource needs it to keep things balanced.

11. Lintton

Lintton Guest

While I don't think there is a pressing need to have a pixel sink, including some other than cheap lights and metal blocks may provide something for the player to work towards, a lot like how I used to in building my space station.

NerArth and Chrillzilla like this.