1. Thanks for visiting! These forums are for the original Risk of Rain, if you're interested in discussing the newly released Risk of Rain 2 head over to that game's steam discussion forum
    Dismiss Notice

[InDev] Risk of Rain Save Editor!

Discussion in 'Fan Works' started by MrPf1ster, Jan 25, 2014.

1. MrPf1ster

MrPf1ster Guest

Well, I did about 40% of the work for the save editor, and as such it is still in development. Keep in mind that I usually only work on this when I have spare time. So its not my number one priority. Also I suck at drawing in general, so that's why the GUI is really really basic.
    Sorry its not anything more, but I got swamped with schoolwork and general laziness.

UPDATE: READ BELOW I AM NOT WORKING ON THIS ANYMORE
    Well guys I recently got hired by a company to program applications. My work was taking up most of the time, as well as finishing up school. So I hadn't really worked on this anymore. Should I have more time in the future I might return to this, but for now I will not continue working on it. If someone messages me I'll give them the visual studio .sln file, but this C# code is crap and nothing to learn off of. Sorry for this, and bye.

Tips, read before you report a bug:

- There is no virus. Its sometimes picked up as one since its not commonly downloaded and im not a publisher.
    - Don't bother clicking the Debug, it posts to a non viewable console.
    - Monster logs don't react to click....yet. They now react to click, but don't unlock anything :(.
    - Manual item unlock does not do shit atm, don't touch it unless your the type of guy who likes clicking pointless buttons.
    - Item sets are shy, they don't like appearing. The offensive item set got newfound courage. The others? Not so much...
    - Your save file WILL have a ton of empty lines in it. Its a side effect of not knowing how to read and write to a simple text file well. In newer versions I'll fix this. But as of now the empty lines will stay :whoop:.

Some Screenshots: (Outdated)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Features and Planned Features:
    Features so far:
    - Character Unlocking,
    Erm, that's about it.

Planned Features:
    - Unlocking Monster Logs
    - Unlocking Items
    - Manual Item Unlocking
    - Artifact unlocking (When its out)
    - Record Changing

Download:

ChangeLog: (Newest Release: V3)

V1 (Release):
    - Character Unlocking
    - Unlock Everything works
    - Layed down basic GUI elements
    V2:
    - Fixed a miniscule bug as to how the blue backround lined up with the window
    - Monster logs are clickable! But they still don't unlock the monster logs yet
    - Manual item unlock switched to numeric counter instead of text box
    - Made some text bold
    V3:

- Completely changed the GUI, it now looks more Risk of Rain-y
    - Offensive Item Set GUI done, you can now open it and scroll through items. No unlocking yet (Sorry ;_; )
    - Got all item images set up correctly, but are yet to be implemented for use.
    (I swear next update you guys will be able to unlock offensive items ;_; )

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2014
      Fox0427, Mr. Greene, Lachee and 5 others like this.
    • weseli99

weseli99 Space Hobo

can u update the download link ?