1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Bug/Issue Incoming Packet Exception, Singleplayer, No Mods.

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by hvyn, Jul 21, 2017.

1. hvyn

hvyn Space Hobo

-In rather random moments in the game, the server disconnects me from the 'singleplayer' world I play in. All progress up to the disconnection is saved; item usage, etc. However, when I return, like when I normally exit and return, I appear at my ship.
    -What I was doing in the game is random but they tended to be non-combative; mainly I got these disconnections from moving items in my inventory, moving around, etc.
    -The bug reappeared as I told myself it was a 'Verify Integrity' issue; i did it on Steam multiple times and, as usual, I got disconnected multiple times again and again as I attempted to play in my SP game again.
    -OS, Windows 7, 64-BIT.
    -I was playing in Windowed Mode/Borderless Windowed Mode.
    -I will attach the logs.

Attached Files:

2. ehyder

ehyder Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I received this message several times yesterday before the update, and then it has continued after the update. I have played hundreds of hours and never had anything like this happen before, or certainly with this kind of frequency. Within 36 hours I have received this message a dozen times, and had two total crashes of the game. I have restarted Steam, my computer, and validated the Starbound files. Things I have not done so far are uninstall and reinstall Starbound, removed mods (I think those are still active - going to check that), or tried running the game without the Steam client.

I am running the game SP, on an iMac (retina, late 2015, 3.3 GHz, 50 GB, AMD Radeon, OSX v10.11.6. There is one security update I need to install for the OS, but otherwise the OS is up to date.

The frequency of this problem is making the game fairly unplayable. And I finally got back into playing (with a fresh start) having experienced the duplication bug which was fixed.

Attached Files:

3. ilmoq

ilmoq Void-Bound Voyager

same here.... after 1.3 i got randomly crash or disconnect from server issue.
    all in single play mode with MOD and it just
    frustrated ...

Attached Files:

4. ehyder

ehyder Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Update: The full game crashes do seem to occur when Starbound "loses" an asset. This will happen when I find items (so far seems to be only weapons) and try to either equip them or sell them. When I reload the game the asset is no longer "lost" and I can manipulate it however I want.

The behavior for the server error message is a bit different. The same starting conditions seem to trigger the error (new inventory) but the game does not completely crash and I'm not sure if it is the manipulation of the asset that is causing the error and return to the game main menu, or the mere existence of the asset in my inventory. When I get the error it seems like I will often get the error several times in a row after restarting the game, and not necessarily when I am trying to do something with an asset. Trying to test this but now I am just getting straight out game crashes without the in-game server error message.

5. PABL92

PABL92 Space Hobo

i'm having the same issue, also a lot of "fatal errors". Sinlgeplayer, no mods.