1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed In Regards to the Official Starbound Beta

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Annelies, Aug 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Annelies

Annelies Void-Bound Voyager

Before somebody comes in here saying "How dare you ask about the beta! You have no right asking developers when the beta you paid to participate in will be released!"

Oh, please. All you white knights really need to get off it. I respect the team behind Starbound and encourage them to take as much time is necessary for the game to be great but I just have some questions, okay? Is that fine? Sheesh.

I just wanted to know... is the Starbound beta going to be released once the progress of each Roadmap is at 100%?

2. TheFinny

TheFinny Phantasmal Quasar

I think it was stated that the roadmap goes for the complete game.

That'd mean that the beta could be out before the roadmap is 100%

Toady, CalamityQuote and Lycanthrope like this.
  3. kik4444

kik4444 Existential Complex

It would be awesome if the beta releases once the core mechanics are all 100%. If that's how it'll really go, then the beta shouldn't be too far away since the core mechanics are almost fully completed and roadmap was last updated a month ago

4. The Thing

The Thing Existential Complex

From what I understood, the beta will be the game without the story mode/main quest. Or something very close to that.

CalamityQuote likes this.
  5. kik4444

kik4444 Existential Complex

So what? We can still play the sandbox until those are done.

6. Commander Khalen

Commander Khalen Void-Bound Voyager

I am, unfortunately, of the pessimistic view that we're unlikely to see the beta until the game is pretty much complete. Whilst this is just a personal opinion, it comes from having watched all the daily updates for the past few months and seeing a series of low priority interesting/fun yet ultimately non-essential gimmicks being dealt with long before the core mechanics, quest system, UI etc are handled.

In short, I think Tiy is a perfectionist and probably a little concerned about releasing a semi-finished product into the market due to the frankly ridiculous fanboi expectation. Overall, whilst the roadmap might not read 100% with the game finally goes 'Beta', you can probably rest assured that it will pretty much be 100% finished or close to it, or we would be seeing promises of "Beta coming soon!" already.

7. RedDire

RedDire Cosmic Narwhal

I believe this as well. The time for a beta was long ago.
    I propose a new stage in video game development. The Gamma stage.

Silvestre, LeifGram, Zet0r and 3 others like this.
  8. Chronometer

Chronometer Subatomic Cosmonaut

I say, son, I say,

u wot.

9. RedDire

RedDire Cosmic Narwhal

Just woke up from a roofie. Soz. :3

10. Chronometer

Chronometer Subatomic Cosmonaut

Right.
    Do you like clocks?

11. Toady

Toady Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Ok so i woke up about an hour ago, had a shower, sat on my PC, had a shave, drove to work, bought a Redbull and am now sitting at my computer reading this..... And im still freaking confused :wut: What are you guys talking about and RedDire that's just TMI. Either way.

The beta "As allot of us older people will know" is a specific time in development for a game that is designed to be the finished product with a few missing features but base game-play,mechanics, etc in place. This is the time for people to submit bug reports and just be generally helpful where they can while still trying to enjoy the game which has been opened to us a little early.

Reason i say this is because i think some people are expecting a 100% finished product when the Beta comes out and it kinda worries me. I dont think that it will disappoint to any means "at least not by my expectations" but its something that sits on my mind.

12. RedDire

RedDire Cosmic Narwhal

I wasn't serious :p.
    Or did I take that "Right." wrong?

Doesn't matter. Let's stop talking off-topic crap.

13. Dr. Alpha

Dr. Alpha Aquatic Astronaut

is this a clockwork elf reference that I'm missing?

14. OmnipotentEntity

OmnipotentEntity Code Monkey Forum Administrator

1) this isn't the correct forum for this.
    2) Please keep beta discussion to Tiy's stickied thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.