In honor of special beings

Discussion in 'Side Quests' started by petethepug, Dec 26, 2015.

Tags:
  1. petethepug

petethepug Space Penguin Leader

Hi all,

I have been thinking about myself recently, along with a few others I know who are consedierd 'special'

So to those who aren't aware, the term special means a code word in global schools, basically you are not 'normal' compared to everyone else. That includes having disabilitys, or communication problems.

So some of you may be thinking 'why related to special people' Its hard to put your shoes into someone else's who has a problem with the body, and not a lot of people whom are special, are not as credited unless a very special event is going on.

So in spite of that, I would like the developers to create a 'Children's Hospital' in the Outpost, or near. To show that Special users can do almost anything, with the help & safety of a Guide. To show 'they are not alone'

Others may find this great, others may find it useless, others may find it sad. But that's what you normally excipernce as someone special, mostly sad due to a lack of Motor Skills (How fast you are at typing, reactions, etc.)

But on topic. This will be a side quest area for users who want some Pixels (In game currency). You will have to collect toys, decorations, etc for the main nurse to give to the children, to keep their hope in contact.

Yet these are completely optional, your not forced to do them.

You cannot kill, or harm the children, you may not kill the nurse, or harm.

DrFlashbang and Garbacca like this.
  2. DrFlashbang

DrFlashbang Subatomic Cosmonaut

I guess. It sounds good. I feel like it'd be random to have in the outpost and wouldn't fit with the whole setting of Starbound though. Maybe in a few apex cities that randomly spawn.

3. Fairy Pinkett

Fairy Pinkett Void-Bound Voyager

Actually I think the could add this on a apex planet. They already have insane asylums and such, why not a childrens hospital?
    You could possibly have it as an area that the apex soldiers protect, they (As a viewable or watchable act.) can bring toys and donate their time to the children.
    But it would make 'children' a thing to be added to the game.
    Which (We need.) If there are towns, there should be children.

octoling and DrFlashbang like this.
  4. DrFlashbang

DrFlashbang Subatomic Cosmonaut

I agree. Not in the outpost but in the cities. What would also be cool is if there were other races (not just apex) that were found in the hospitals and maybe they could be refugees from wars and were orphanaged in the conflicts. But I agree, there needs to be child NPC's.

octoling, Wolf1e and Fairy Pinkett like this.
  5. soarin24

soarin24 Void-Bound Voyager

i agrees with your idea dr flashbang