1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

improving performance?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Skip, Dec 5, 2013.

1. XtremeNinja45

XtremeNinja45 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

for the
    it helped me too
    but i run the game without steam

themsuciaman101 and Tamorr like this.
  2. themsuciaman101

themsuciaman101 Void-Bound Voyager

You have either a broken or conflicting mod.

3. Ispano

Ispano Phantasmal Quasar

You should REALLY look at dates on posts before responding.

4. themsuciaman101

themsuciaman101 Void-Bound Voyager

How do you do this?

I always post the answer, because YEARS later, it may pop up ina google search and help someone.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2016
    StonerTaco likes this.
  5. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

Thread necros are acceptable if the thread is relevant and the necro is on-topic. More often than not, the issue is when people go off-topic to call out the necro. So, please don't.

Please don't double-post. Use the edit button if you need to expand a post.

6. Aimbot

Aimbot Void-Bound Voyager

Nobody has noticed it yet but C++ is a very bad programing language (Mr.Google! search "Is C++ programming bad?")
    So mainly its the programing that stubs the game and hinders what otherwise was its good performance
    Devs could optimized but are limited to the programing
    Its been stated that the game is build ground up to be modable,modable as in simple programing C++

7. tomkatt

tomkatt Seal Broken

There's nothing wrong with C++ as a language and if you google "is [name] programming language bad" you'll get results for any language you can think of. C++ can be very optimized and is the general choice of "low level" language to translate to (along with C) to work toward performance optimization. The devs aren't "limited to the programming" whatever the heck that's supposed to mean. I'm assuming you're not actually a coder here.

krylo likes this.