Modding Help I'm learning to mod and i need some help

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Katzvielle, May 31, 2017.

1. Katzvielle

Katzvielle Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'm trying to update an old mod.
    the error SMAPI gave me:

[17:35:00 WARN SMAPI] Detected issue: item #797 in Content\Data\ObjectInformation is invalid (too few fields for a cooking item).
    [17:35:00 WARN SMAPI] Detected issue: item #798 in Content\Data\ObjectInformation is invalid (too few fields for an object).
    [17:35:00 WARN SMAPI] SMAPI found problems in the game's XNB files which may cause errors or crashes while you're playing. Consider uninstalling XNB mods or reinstalling the game.

i opened up the ObjectInformation.xnb file with notepad++ and tried to edit the 2 items its talking about but idk what im doing.

can someone help me out?

• MysticTempest

MysticTempest Spaceman Spiff

I have an old post here, that goes into a lot more detail, and a link to a great guide that helped me learn a lot. It's a bit old, but still very useful when starting out: http://community.playstarbound.com/...aking-error-using-my-mod.132609/#post-3153573

For #797; you're probably missing the data field for when you eat the item.
      It's the data that determines whether you use a food or drink animation. And, there's various numbers representing the buffs you want to give the player, and the buff duration time.

And for #798; could be something like missing the price/edibility.

It's a bit hard to tell without seeing the exact data you're updating, but the errors are referencing the missing data. If you're adding an item to be cooked; then I'd recommend copying another cooking item from the file as a template. Then update your mod accordingly.
      Same thing for the other one; find an object similar. Then use that data as a template. Along with referencing the guide/post; it'll help with learning this quicker.

• Katzvielle

Katzvielle Scruffy Nerf-Herder

that is very helpful its exactly what i needed. thankyou so much!
        i think i got it working now :3