1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Illuminated Ores 1.7 for 1.3.2

Slightly glowing ores to make them easier visible

1. SpaceKGreen

SpaceKGreen Existential Complex

Upon playing the new Pleased Giraffe update, I noticed that ores didn't seem to be glowing. At first I thought they had removed the ability for tile mods to glow, but after some poking around, I found the issue. You basically just move the decimal two spaces.

For example, the old coal glow value was...
    Code:
    [ 0.20 , 0.20 , 0.20 ]
    And now, to get an equivalent glow, you set it to...
    Code:
    [ 20 , 20 , 20 ]
    EDIT: ...And just noticed that this mod might be a dead one. Leaving this here for people who want to manually update.

2. HimochiIsAwesome

HimochiIsAwesome Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I manually updated according to the previous commenter and it wasn't nearly as glowing as the original - more like the incredibly subtle COLOREBOUND.
    I tested out using double the amount set, for example, for coal:

Code:
    [ 40 , 40 , 40 ]
    And this made it appear more like it originally did in this mod - not as subtle as COLOREBOUND but much less bright than the Glowing Ore mod. I'm changing the rest of the files accordingly to make sure this is right for the rest of them, and I'll edit this after I've done that and checked it out.

Edit: Iron and Copper both as showing as they used to pre-update. Seems like you have to shift the decimal twice and then double the number to get the right glow, although I guess some lightning mods or screen settings might change the effect?

Last edited: Aug 27, 2015
  3. Arona

Arona Seal Broken

Hi,
    Following your hints, i fixed the mod.

Small glowing (using [40, 40, 40] for Coal)

Medium glowing (using [70, 70, 70] for Coal, appying x1.75)

Big glowing (using [100, 100, 100] for Coal, applying x2.5)

Links are in the review post (as i haven't post enough i can't post links here).

4. ThatPurpleOne

ThatPurpleOne Yeah, You!

What you need to do in order to update the values properly, is you need to take the original values and divide 255 by them, not 100.
    Example: 255 / 0.2 -> 51. so [ 0.2, 0.2, 0.2 ] would become [ 51, 51, 51 ] (rounded).

This ensures that the glow stays the same.

What the developers basically did is switch from a 0.0 - 1.0 range for the 256 possible red/green/blue color value strengths to actual 0 - 255 values.

EDIT:
    Here is a version with all the values converted that way: ftp://ambftp.ath.cx/IlluminatedOres_Pleased_Giraffe_purplemod.zip

Last edited: Aug 29, 2015
    HimochiIsAwesome likes this.
  5. Arona

Arona Seal Broken

Thanks for the details!

6. drakray

drakray Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Arona, your file seems mixed up, as the small glow bright, and the Big glow dim

7. SoulEchelon

SoulEchelon Void-Bound Voyager

Awesome. thanks!

8. Arona

Arona Seal Broken

Thanks dude, i fixed the links and add the "PurpleMod", i hope now all people will see them.

drakray likes this.
  9. MokahTGS

MokahTGS Scruffy Nerf-Herder

This does not seem to work with the Pleased Giraffe update. Hopefully this will get updated. :(

10. GrayWolfGaming

GrayWolfGaming Void-Bound Voyager

Can't get it to work at all. I found another glowing ore mod but it makes everything way too bright, so I was hoping this one would work

11. TheUberCannon

TheUberCannon Star Wrangler

I thought the title was "Illuminati Ores".
    :rofl:

12. dracolich_zero

dracolich_zero Void-Bound Voyager

Dude this mod is a must have for compulsive miners like myself, so i'd like to know if you intend to update for current versions including the plethora of ores from frakin universe, otherwise i'd like to know how to add the ores from frakin universe myself, i know how to unpack and pack the files my coding skills suck but i can learn :)

13. Amadox

Amadox Void-Bound Voyager

14. Yurioppoor

Yurioppoor Aquatic Astronaut

Could you do the same for the ores added by FrackinUniverse?

15. Amadox

16. Amadox

17. Reyghel

Reyghel Scruffy Nerf-Herder

O Great creator of this mod that illuminates our path to progress, which gave us the light at the end of the right hehe was making a small report about that incompatibility that had found darkness in a few ores of mod Industrialization: Starbound Edition but fortunately Now it has solved it. I send you a greeting from Uruguay.