1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed If you do not have a credit card do not fear! Starbound can still be yours ^_^

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by terrariacow, Jun 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. terrariacow

terrariacow Subatomic Cosmonaut

:rofl: just realized I stayed up all night researching those methods , its now morning o.o! sleepy time here I come :D nini everybody :rofl:

2. hellvink

hellvink Aquatic Astronaut

That is very true. I've got bad experiences with hacked PayPal accounts though, so I'm a bit hesistant to pursue that option again. And ING is just.. No :p

3. Phyrewall

Phyrewall Pangalactic Porcupine

Ok, next 4-pack I buy I will give to folks who can prove that they have absolutely NO way to pay for it. Of course, they can also enter my bi-weekly giveaway.

(Gotta earn that 'random act of kindness' badge somehow.... :p )

KirasiN likes this.
  4. Fierceflame

Fierceflame Phantasmal Quasar

Thanks for this, really helps, going to be using the google play method. ;)
    Paypal was being a pain and wouldn't let me add any money to the account.

5. KirasiN

KirasiN Existential Complex

Don't know, I like my ing account and only issue I had with paypal so far was a double payment due to an error, one of which got automatically refunded and blocked my steam account! o_O Took me a week to fix that mess.

6. leprosy

leprosy Void-Bound Voyager

what is actually the difference between paysafecard and google play card ? Does anyone know that?

7. KirasiN

KirasiN Existential Complex

Erm...google play card is used with a google payment, while paysafecard is a prepaid debit card.

8. leprosy

aha ok, i have never used google payment, i have only used the psc up untill now for like LoL and my Xlive.
    Paypal or anything where i have to give in my personal data is out of the question for me.

9. Lachee

Lachee Existential Complex

Why buy the card online? If you are going to buy the card, wouldn't you just buy starbound directly?

10. V M Smith

V M Smith Phantasmal Quasar

You can also go to a Coinstar machine and get an Amazon gift card (they allow you to give cash when buying a gift card/code). Then you use that to get a Gamestop gift card from Amazon. Then you go to GameStop and get a steam wallet gift card. (This will obviously only work when Steam gets Starbound.)

This way you should be able to use cash to buy a copy of Starbound upon Steam release, provided you have one of the Coinstar machines in your area that give out gift cards (not all of them do!) And a local GameStop.

11. leprosy

Actually, you can also use paysafecard to buy an amazon voucher, so i guess that would work similar to what you said. It is just a loooooot of steps hehe

KirasiN likes this.
  12. Dr Codfish

Dr Codfish Void-Bound Voyager

Yes, I agree and Thankyou to poster of the info

13. Stylµs

Stylµs Phantasmal Quasar

Keep it digital, bro. Stay safe.

14. No hope for that, with the extra taxes we pay for buy digital from outside, it ends up cheaper in a normal shop buy. It's a conspiracy.

15. AstroFox0

AstroFox0 Aquatic Astronaut

Isn't solution three like buying a credit card?

16. backeby

backeby Big Damn Hero

I find it hard to believe that it would be hard to get a debit card in any member country of the EU if you're over 18 yrs old, did you ask your bank? :laugh: :) :love: Or are you all in debt because you didn't pay your bills on time? ;)

Yup, a prepaid mastercard should be available as well. I think people haven't researched their options well enough.. :p From a quick googling I found YUNA, prepaid mastercards that you buy with PaySafeCards. Just a bit hassle with them and then you have your card. (i'm sure there are better and cheaper solutions with your banks and stuff, but this works.)

17. leprosy

Euhm, why use one prepaid card to get another one? + i found out that steam accepts paysafecard as payment option, so when starbound is released on skype, you can buy it directly with Psc.

18. leprosy

oooops steam, i ment when starbound is released on steam

19. divineshine

divineshine Space Hobo

I would actually like to expand the answer to the question you posed regarding the difference in payment - the paysafecard is a prepaid card PERIOD. It is not a debit card as you do not get it from a bank, nor do you have to register for it or "sign up" for it. You simply go to your nearest gas station - give them, lets say €50, and then you receive a PSC with that value. You can then use the card to pay online on various platforms - most notably steam, amazon and itunes - but the list is really endless.
    So, I hope this explanation was a bit more extensive and helpful.

20. leprosy

Oh, but i know paysafecard very well ;) I`ve been using it for quite some time now. I just didn`t know what google play card was, so i was wondering if it was the same or if it had any benefits over Psc.
    I have to say, i never had any trouble and i am really satisfied with the card. Easy and safe, period.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.