Ideas i have been tinkering with

Discussion in 'Other' started by Nithilus, Mar 3, 2012.

1. Nithilus

Nithilus Big Damn Hero

Greetings all Nith here, If i post an idea that someone else has already made I apologise I am still new to these forums.

One of my first ideas is since a Lab is going to be aboard the ship i think it would be cool if we could capture aliens/creatures alive (zap them, gas them, bring them to ship etc) or collect samples from defeated ones (alive ones yield better results) and do reseach on them.
    After a few samples you will get genes from them. For example you capture a few hard scaled creatures you can give yourself a hardened carapace or a aquatic creature can help you breath underwater through mutation.
    Now to counterbalance this i believe there should be a downside to each mutation eg: The carapace will make you tougher but will make you move slightly slower.
    With enough research the benefits will be higher and the downsides will decrease or even be fully removed.

Another one that would be nice is similar to my first but add cybornetic implants to your Character eg, Biotic eyes to help see in darkened areas, Leg springs to help one jump higher etc. These implants can only be recieved through salvaging remains of other ships or other cyborgs.

My last idea is when researching on alien races there is a chance that it will be a parasitic lifeform and it will break free and infect one of your NPCs you have aboard your spaceship. You have to quarantine the ship and not land until you can find the infected and attempt to remove it. Prehaps a xray machine or a scanner to try to help who is Infected and who is not. Once found who is infected they will run and try to fight you forcing you to either kill them before they can escape or harder knock them out and have the alien removed leaving your Teammate alive.

Thats all I have thought up with not folks I hope someone likes my ideas and I appreciate any comments I might
    recieve. Again if anyone has posted any similar ideas I apologise as i still havent read through every post so far.
    -Nith

2. Nithilus

Nithilus Big Damn Hero

P.S I was unsure if this was the right place to put my suggestion as i did not know really how to classify my ideas. any help?