Modding Help Idea - "Little Luna's Pizzeria"

Discussion in 'Mods' started by DJ_Zapple, Apr 30, 2016.

1. DJ_Zapple

DJ_Zapple Pangalactic Porcupine

I've lurked on these forums for a year now. I've sat on the sidelines, watching mods get made, content to just watch.

It took Stardew Valley to finally bring out the creative urges in me.

I have this idea to add a restaurant to the game, a pizzeria called Little Luna's. It's a fairly big idea, probably going to be a right pain to make... But the end result should be worth it!

The end result would eventually add:

• All-new food and drink items
    • Three new NPCs, with two potentially being marriage candidates
    • The restaurant itself
    ...It sounds smaller than I thought it would, now that I put it to text.

Anyways, I digress. The reason I've got this thread up with a Modding Help prefix is because I'm pretty sure I can't make this myself. (Actually, I know I can't - I'm no artist!) I'm willing to learn how to code everything in, myself, as soon as I can be pointed to something like an example mod, or something.

More specifically, I need help with:

• Learning the game's code, to make the NPCs and, when it becomes possible, the items
    • Finding a good place to put the restaurant
    • Getting sprites for the three NPCs, their portraits, the items, and tiles for the restaurant
    That about sums up the help I'll nneed. I'd truly appreciate the help I can get!

Let's see if we can make this dream a reality!

• taintedwheat

taintedwheat Master Astronaut

cankersaur and Superior_s like this.
    • DJ_Zapple

Well... I do believe I found a potential spot for the restaurant that won't interfere with any events... So location shouldn't be a problem anymore.

However, I still don't know how I'll do this. Guess I'll have to wait for the Farmhand API mentioned earlier.

But then the characters need their sprites... And the building needs to be done... It's gonna be a long, tough road, but I'm sure the end product will be amazing.

farmvillesux likes this.
      • DJ_Zapple

Just gonna give this a bump...

farmvillesux likes this.
        • DJ_Zapple

Wow, I've not fiddled with this in awhile.

I've not learned squat on modding just yet, but I have done some work. The characters now have names and personalities, to start, but I've also whipped up some concepts for their appearance.

[​IMG]

Luna is the oldest of the three. Owner of Little Luna's, she feels the stress of trying to run a successful business in a town with few people living in it. Due to the stress, she comes off as highly irritable, but is usually sweet, for a girl from the city.

[​IMG]

Tristan is the youngest of the three. Chef of Little Luna's, Tristan was Luna's childhood friend. He's a talented baker, and is quite fond of discussing the trade... Only problem is, he's shy, and jumpy.

[​IMG]

Daisy is the middle-aged of the trio. Luna's sister, Daisy is only living with Luna due to having a free room. She's always thinking about relationships, and spends a lot of time online. She's friendly enough, but can be pushy.

I hope those images actually show up... Opinions on their appearances'd be appreciated.

Last edited: May 16, 2016
          • Ribbonain

Ribbonain Pangalactic Porcupine

Can't seem to see there pictures.

• DJ_Zapple

Dagnabbit. Dunno how to make them work... I have to work with Dropbox to get my images out since I'm on a phone for internet...

• Ribbonain

Ribbonain Pangalactic Porcupine

Try imgur :>?

• sheetcakeghost

sheetcakeghost Weight of the Sky

• DJ_Zapple

There we go. Now they're working.

• DJ_Zapple

I'm writing up the important details for my characters... Their likes, dislikes, schedules, dialogue, events... But I'm not 100% sure how much I have to add. I know that with schedules, they have specific weekly ones, for each season... Which changes if they're either married or it's raining... Planning the likes/dislikes, and the events, will be easy enough. But dialogue... What all should I factor in for dialogue? Any helped be appreciated.
                    --- Post updated ---
                    It's been AGES since I said anything about this mod! I'm still wanting to work on it, I'm just having trouble actually getting things rolling. But, with Fallout 4 borked on my end, I'm finally ready to get back to work on this. Mostly bumping the thread to regain some interest!

• Gwenhwyfar

Gwenhwyfar Subatomic Cosmonaut

I have to ask, which 2 of the 3 NPCs would be dateable?

I'm hoping the brother would be dateable so there could be an added bachelor and bachelorette to the marriageable candidates.

• DJ_Zapple

Luna and Tristan are the planned candidates for marriage. I'm not rightly sure how I'd write off the spring dancing though... Might come off as a wee bit weird.

I'm finally getting around to making the interior. I dunno how to use tIDE yet, and I'm not sure how to use SMAPI to let you enter... But I have ideas for the important stuff!

If anyone's like to help, I'd certainly appreciate it. Or, at least, if anyone would teach or guide me...

Last edited: Jul 28, 2016