I think I've beaten Stardew Valley.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by PTpirahna, Apr 30, 2017.

1. PTpirahna

PTpirahna Scruffy Nerf-Herder

upload_2017-4-29_16-21-41.png

I'm wondering what Lewis thinks about having his pants returned, then seeing them back in my possession and multiplied by 9.

The | Suit and Surenu like this.
    • AureusWolf

AureusWolf Subatomic Cosmonaut

How the hell?..............:catbigeyes::catbigeyes::catbigeyes::catbigeyes::catbigeyes::catbigeyes::catbigeyes::catbigeyes::catbigeyes::catbigeyes::catbigeyes::catbigeyes::catbigeyes::catbigeyes::catbigeyes::catbigeyes::catbigeyes::catbigeyes::catbigeyes::catbigeyes::catbigeyes::catbigeyes::catbigeyes::catbigeyes::catbigeyes::catbigeyes::catbigeyes::catbigeyes::catbigeyes::catbigeyes::catbigeyes::catbigeyes::catbigeyes::catbigeyes::catbigeyes::catbigeyes::catbigeyes:

• LuthienNightwolf

LuthienNightwolf Oxygen Tank

Whaaaaat? lol Did you just pull an underwear raid on the mayor? :rofl:

PTpirahna likes this.
        • Lilliput

Lilliput Supernova

The important thing is not to beat Stardew Valley.

The important part is to get its wallet while it's down.

Surenu and Borodin like this.
          • blind3rdeye

blind3rdeye Big Damn Hero

Save edit? Or some weird glitch?

In my game I don't like to give away irreplaceable items. I keep all sorts of things, like the shorts, Robin's axe, and even the rusty shortsword - because I know they are irreplaceable. 250g is easy to get, but I'll never get another one of Robin's axe! Maybe I'll return it to her if I get her for secret Santa... otherwise I'm keeping it.

• Jack Of Shades

Jack Of Shades Pangalactic Porcupine

-gathers all 9 under pants. Summons mayor shenron-

niallquinn, ChaosAzeroth and Pangaea like this.
              • LuthienNightwolf

*pictures Linus still looking for his blackberry basket* :cry:

• Minimanta

Minimanta Spaceman Spiff

But why would you keep those items? Yeah, they're irreplaceable, but they're also useless to us. They'll just be there... in a chest somewhere... being useless and take up space.

Charity322 likes this.
                  • Surenu

Surenu The End of Time

And here I thought "Oh yeah, I won't play much Stardew Valley until the next update rolls out".... now I need to find out how to do this and do it myself.

• blind3rdeye

blind3rdeye Big Damn Hero

Well, in some sense the whole game is useless really. We just play to have fun. Most people like to play with some goals in mind. The most natural goals are things like maximising money, maximising friendship, completing quests, getting everything done as quickly as possible... I do all that stuff; but another goal is to collect everything. That's what I'm doing; just collecting stuff. The mayor's shorts aren't going to help me earn more money - so they are useless for that goal; but they are not useless for my goal of collecting everything. For that they are critically important!

Yeah... I felt sorry for Linus when I couldn't find his damn basket for years. But I do give him a fairly stead supply of berries myself and that seems to make him happy. He even took me into his tent to show me his "wild bait"...

• Minimanta

Minimanta Spaceman Spiff

No, games are not useless. Entertainment is important, having fun is important.

But it makes sense when you collect everything. It's not my kind of thing in this game, so I'd rather just give the stuff to their respective owners for a bit of gold. Any little bit helps :D

Surenu likes this.
                        • Surenu

Surenu The End of Time

I agree to this. This should probably be in the game, maybe as something Abigail says.

WonkoTSane42 likes this.
                          • Lilliput

Lilliput Supernova

I'd have to say the OP did this via save-editing; there's no other way you'd be able to get multiples of Lewis' shorts...

• Minimanta

Minimanta Spaceman Spiff

Or a mod, I don't remember the name but there's a mod that lets you spawn any item you want in any quantity you want.

Surenu likes this.
                              • Surenu

Surenu The End of Time

Yeah, something something cheat mod
                                I have it

• Lilliput

Lilliput Supernova

There was also a glitch reported where trying to pick up an item in a sealed chest (in this case it was the Golden Pumpkin) with a full inventory meant multiple copies got created and then dropped. I don't know if that would apply to a spawned object like the shorts, but, it's possible!

• PTpirahna

PTpirahna Scruffy Nerf-Herder

If you buy an animal from Marnie's and name it [789], you'll get pants for your troubles.

Presumably this would work for any other item, with its respective id too.

Honeywell likes this.
                                    • Minimanta

Minimanta Spaceman Spiff

Really? I just tried it, but couldn't get it to work? Does it have to be a specific animal? (I tried chicken) Does it need the [ ] in the name, because those don't appear to work?

• LuthienNightwolf

@Minimanta I think it needs the brackets around it. Let me know if that works, I'm intrigued now. lol

• Minimanta

Minimanta Spaceman Spiff

I can't type those in the name though. My keyboard is scandinavian which could potentially be the reason for that, but I don't know.