Modding Help I need help with some parameters

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Melendroach, Apr 25, 2017.

1. Melendroach

Melendroach Subatomic Cosmonaut

Can someone explain what exactly are those:
    "stepDamageConfig":[]
    "baseDamageFactor": and other factors
    "projectileTimesAndAngles":[n,n]
    "timeout":n (used in damageConfig)

and while making custom animation and stances, can I name them whatever I want?
    I saw someone made a custom made Nuru's Spear and it had many stances like idle, windup1, preslash, fire1 and wait1. Does it matter which names do I use?

Thanks for help!

2. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

The name of the stances is important. IIRC they are tied to specific sprite frames. Ive not really messed with those so I cant say for sure, but I do know the names are important.

3. Melendroach

Melendroach Subatomic Cosmonaut

oh thanks. What about other things?

4. Cyel

Cyel Scruffy Nerf-Herder

The weapon abilities' scripts will use the stance name and their number to do their stuff. For example, meleecombo will use preslash1, windup1, fire1 etc. for it's first combo "step", then preslash2, windup2, fire2 etc. for it's 2nd combo "step"

"stepDamageConfig" is probably the config to use for each "step" of a meleecombo's combo, where "baseDamageFactor" is a factor that is multiplied to the base damage (so for example a baseDamageFactor of 0.4 on 100 damage would result in 40). You can see those both be used in the "bruisersword".

"projectileTimesAndAngles" is only used by the kunaiblast weapon ability. As the description in the weaponability file says:
    I'm not sure for "timeout" but I'm guessing it's the time between two "ticks" of damage in the same damage source.
    For example, neochakrams have it to 0.2, the chakram has it to 0.5, the tentaclebarrier monster has it to 0.05, while the smallfloorpike object has it to 10 (try spawning the tentaclebarrier on top of the smallfloorspike (and note that the tentaclebarrier won't hit you if you're in admin mode, and the smallfloorspike only hits ennemies)).