Modding Help I Need A Clean Cursors.png File

Discussion in 'Mods' started by bulbaswat, Apr 1, 2016.

1. bulbaswat

bulbaswat Scruffy Nerf-Herder

So someone told me that the current version of my mods changing the Cursors.xnb file use an outdated Cursors.png, and I don't think I have an up to date version in my backup. There is also the problem that last I heard, when extracting Cursors.xnb, it glitches some parts of the png, making some ugly sprite errors in various locations.

So I was hoping that someone here might be able to send me an updated, clean, non-glitched version of Cursors.png so I could fix my mods, or at least tell me how to extract it without messing up that png.

Please help.

• Jinxiewinxie

Jinxiewinxie Farmer Fashionista

You could compare this to whatever other versions you have to see if this one isn't glitched. I don't know what a glitched one looks like.

Attached Files:

• taintedwheat

taintedwheat Master Astronaut

the glitch one makes the lights look weird when its sunny, and in cut scenes when your cursor goes over someone's head or something it shaves off their hair by blurring it out

Declension likes this.
        • Declension

Declension Cosmic Narwhal

I too have this problem but I don't know what caused it, as I had only recolored things on it.
          At least the light one. I dunno about shaving people's heads.

taintedwheat likes this.
          • taintedwheat

taintedwheat Master Astronaut

could be possible the possible i had download what someone made an alteration through it on their mod and they might of nicked another sprite with the erase button, but tbh, there's so much on each tile sheet, how could anyone possibly be at fault for missing that.

• bulbaswat

From what I can tell it's the actual process of extracting the png from the xnb. It was messed up like that straight from extraction for me.

• Nahogani

Nahogani Void-Bound Voyager

Are you looking for a file that doesn't cause the lighting to be messed up? I had been looking for that as well. Eventually I found someone else's mod that did not create that effect when extracted and then copied the things I had edited from the previous file over, then repacked it. The mod with the cursor.xnb file that is extractable (at least the way I have been extracting them) without causing issues is the Animal Crossing Dig Spot Mod found here. If you don't want the dig spots to change just replace the digspots (they are at the top under the star fruit) from your original .png

Hope this helps

bulbaswat and Jinxiewinxie like this.
                • bulbaswat

Thank you for the help. I now have a version that I believe has no errors, as well as being up-to-date with at least v1.05 of Stardew, which I frankensteined with some various versions I had together after finding an image comparing tool to find the differences. If anyone wants it, and it's not against any rules, I could post that here for people.

SarahKik and Nahogani like this.
                  • SarahKik

SarahKik Pangalactic Porcupine

That'd be great if you could :D I've been trying to edit the dig spot but I keep getting the glitchy looking light and red snow ><!

• bulbaswat

This file here should work well. I'm no longer sure if the version number I gave it is correct, but I'm fairly sure it is up-to-date with 1.07, or at least good enough to pass for it. If you notice anything missing from it, or anything wrong with it, please let me know so I can fix it as well as all of my mods that used it.

It just occurred to me the name might seem suspicious to others, don't worry, I just have a weird way of naming things, I promise.

Attached Files:

SarahKik likes this.
                      • Nurio

Nurio Cosmic Narwhal

So, the only reason I never encountered this glitch is because I lucked out? The only mod I have that affects Cursors.xnb is the AC Dig Spots mod...

• SarahKik

Looks perfect to me! Thank you so much :D

I think the glitch only occurs when you're trying to extract the file to edit yourself. At least that's how I encountered it!

• Nurio

Nurio Cosmic Narwhal

I actually did edit the file a little bit, interestingly enough. I haven't encountered any glitches so far

• SarahKik

Oh that's lucky! I have no idea why it happened myself. I just opened it Photoshop, made the edit wanted and didn't realize anything was glitched until I saw the windows and it snowing red :( :p

• bulbaswat

I noticed it from the light coming in through windows. I wonder what causes it to get messed up anyway. Is it xnb node itself, or is it the way the original file was made perhaps? Either way, I'm glad I could help you with that.

• JalynnArrow

JalynnArrow Void-Bound Voyager

I ran into this as well and while the light and water are fixed from the provided .png, the small numbers for stacked inventory items are not appearing. I checked and I still have the multiple items, it just doesn't show. Any ideas?

• Voltaic123

Voltaic123 Pangalactic Porcupine

That means its an outdated file, from before stardew valley 1.1

• leeber

leeber Yeah, You!

That's because this thread is OVER A YEAR OLD, and that fix was only relevant A YEAR AGO. The game has gone through significant updates since then.

The easiest solution is, if you use steam, to delete the corrupted file, and reverify the local data. Do this by going to your Steam library, right clicking on Stardew Valley, then click Properties > Local Files > Verify Integrity of Game Files.

That should replace the missing file with a new one.