Animation I made a little gif out of Omar the Penguin

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by treebeh, Apr 30, 2013.

?

What kind of background should I draw up for my penguin GIF?

1. Beach

2 vote(s)
    7.1%
  2. Space

9 vote(s)
    32.1%
  3. City

4 vote(s)
    14.3%
  4. North Pole

8 vote(s)
    28.6%
  5. Boat

5 vote(s)
    17.9%
  1. treebeh

treebeh Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I just threw this together in Photoshop because I thought he was cute. I was going to use it as a forum avatar, but unfortunately it doesn't support animation. :/
    [​IMG]
    Here's the beach background a little more fleshed out. This is my first time working with pixels and I'm having a fun time with it. I think I'll try to create some more locales to drop Omar into.

edit: I thought I should also say that I'm not claiming the penguin animation to be my own work. I just borrowed it from the penguin that's at the bottom of the email newsletter, truncated the animation, and added a background. I hope this isn't considered plagiarism.

Shador and Jonesy like this.
  2. NIN3

NIN3 Pangalactic Porcupine

3. Far I know you can use Starbound content to fan-made content, as that changed?

About that I like it, you should add the blue background with clouds and stuff to make it more complete. :)

4. shiro

shiro Subatomic Cosmonaut

I recommend you to scale up your background so it fits penguin pixel ratio
    dsa.jpg
    Look, size of background pixels and penguin pixels are identical now and it's looks much more natural!
    In this particular case you should draw a background with 1px brush and then upscale your picture to 400% of initial size!

5. ApolloKekek

ApolloKekek Void-Bound Voyager

When we're those Penguin's ingame?