Modding Help I Have a problem with mods an I need help :(

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Lady Psyxho, May 28, 2016.

1. Lady Psyxho

Lady Psyxho Void-Bound Voyager

ok, the thing is that I did not buy stardew valley (mine's just a cracked game) and before the 1.07 i could install the SMAPI mod and everything worked well, but i had some trouble with my pc and i had to reset it. When I installed stardew valley again (i lost the old file) and i tried installing the SMAPI (the lastest version) i could not use it. The black window with the white word stays there and it does not load and if i click enter appears another window that says that the prpgram does not respod. Please I need help :(

• taintedwheat

taintedwheat Master Astronaut

It's not working because you shouldn't be playing games, let alone trying to mod said games, that you didn't pay for.

Also we can't help you do something illegal, and its like stated in the rules of the forum too.

• DJ_Zapple

DJ_Zapple Pangalactic Porcupine

Best to buy the actual game. It's worth every penny, y'know!

MattytheMouse and Hammurabi like this.
        • Jinxiewinxie

Jinxiewinxie Farmer Fashionista

The developer deserves it too! He worked REALLY hard on this for YEARS and the game is pretty cheap!

• MattytheMouse

MattytheMouse Industrial Terraformer

Alright, I'm well familiar with this problem, so here's what you're going to need to do.

First, you're going to need to sign into Steam. You can also acquire the game through Humblebundle, but I, myself, got the game through steam. Afterwards, you're going to need to search the store for Stardew Valley. Then, you're going to need to buy it. There are several options to do so; paypal; visa; mastercard... It really doesn't matter which one you choose. Just choose the one that works for you.

It sounds like a pain in the ass, I know, but it's well worth the effort because somebody put a lot of time and effort into this game and you'll get a lot of time and enjoyment out of the game for the low, low retail price of $14.99.

nyatori and taintedwheat like this.
            • Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

None of us modders support hacked, cracked or otherwise illegal versions of the game, to do so would not just be supporting the practice, it would be supporting spyware and virusses that illegal versions often contain.

Do everyone, and especially yourself a favour, and get the game through legal channels, your PC will thank you.

• Aemi

Aemi Starship Captain

not allowed to help you, per rules of the forum. sorry.