1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Bug/Issue I found a softlock when creating a new character

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by LoveMonster, Jul 10, 2017.

1. LoveMonster

LoveMonster Space Spelunker

After making my character, I went to navigation before accepting the quest from my ship, and I went to a different world than the starting one. Then it locked me on that planet. Now there's no ark teleporter or core mine on my first world, and I can't go over to the intended world.

Just to see if it was a fluke, I created another character and made my starting planet a moon. It still worked. Just to note, this is in stable; I haven't tried it in unstable.

You can go to navigation as your ship is flying to the first planet. It only locks navigation after you accept the first quest from S.A.I.L.

Credit: TeneSicarius - Reddit

2. Nexus Of Chaos

Nexus Of Chaos Parsec Taste Tester

this seems like a really bad glitch, but it is not a softlock. a softlock is when the game seems to run normally but will not take any input, forcing you to restart

as to the glitch itself, could we get a log?

SnailsAttack likes this.
  3. LoveMonster

LoveMonster Space Spelunker

My log would be filled with so much other data by this point, and the glitch is really easy to replicate. The bug is having that door unlocked at the start of the game; I'm not sure what a log would really do. Unless your character slots are full, I'd say to just make a new character if you really want a log.

4. Nexus Of Chaos

Nexus Of Chaos Parsec Taste Tester

my problem is i'm still trying to figure out exactly what isn't allowing me to run SB. with ur description tho i used to hav a mod that automatically opens doors for you, even if they're locked, and i was able to open the ship door b4 i would normally b able to, but i couldn't do anything in there. this was in 1.2 or b4, tho

5. Doomsire

Doomsire Void-Bound Voyager

The issue is, that the door is not locked at the start since the navigation update. I was about to start a new thread for this very issue. If you go up to the navigation before the ship stops when you start a new character you can enter navigation, move your ship around after it stops. Once you leave you can't get back in until you complete the quest, which means you're stuck if you don't go back to a planet that has the outpost waygate. Glad to see that i'm not the only one that found this issue

6. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

Its probably been fixed in unstable now. I tried and the navigation menu just says its offline the whole time.