1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

I found a dog on the game, can i adopt him?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Rukashu, Feb 1, 2014.

1. Rukashu

Rukashu Aquatic Astronaut

i didn't find on internet another person who has found that dog too, i don't know what to do with him, and i won't kill him, i want this dog in my house, i will take care of him :)

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. kesvalk

kesvalk Cosmic Narwhal

doesn't capture capsules work on it?

Serenity, Rukashu and Kitten Pryde like this.
  3. Walfan

Walfan Void-Bound Voyager

You can't yet. Standard pets such as dogs and cats will be tameable later in development.

Bloolink, Rukashu and Kitten Pryde like this.
  4. Rukashu

Rukashu Aquatic Astronaut

i dont know i can't make that item yet , i'm still farming ores to kill dragon boss

Thank you for the info !

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2014
  5. Starboundcommunity566

Starboundcommunity566 Pangalactic Porcupine

Make the planet your homeworld, its one thing your ship can't have.

6. Halfbreed

Halfbreed Poptop Tamer

Yeah I found one on my secondary character, got distracted for a bit and lost the coords when I switched to my main character and now I can't seem to figure out which planet I was on. Wanted to build my home around the dog.

7. Kittails

Kittails Void-Bound Voyager

I've also just found a dog today.
    Beta x82259486 y47293271

Beta Ceti-Nine 2329 VII a Biome: arid Threat Level:2 Avian tomb to left, to right almost halfway around is a dog and dog kennel.

Svarr Chanston likes this.
  8. Hexerin

Hexerin Existential Complex

in the future, you get a "normal animal" pet from character creation. it's one of the stretch goals.

Rukashu likes this.
  9. I thought dogs and cats would be starter pets for humans, every race will have different starter pets based on their race.

http://playstarbound.com/stretch-goal-3-starter-pets/

ogboot and Serenity like this.
  10. Walfan

Walfan Void-Bound Voyager

Yep I know that, I was just saying we'll most likely be able to tame random dogs or else we found.

11. Exxil3d

Exxil3d Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I saw one of those too, and later on accidentally killed it whilst being chased by monsters. HOW COULD YOU DO THIS CHUCKEFISH!?

12. Daimera

Daimera Cosmic Narwhal

I found two dogs, one was mottled and alone by a campsight, and the other was actually, like, fifteen dogs owned by a very lonely frog.
    [​IMG]
    Coordinates are Delta Sector x: 1428, y: 1361, Delta Gamma Ser 815 I (Biome- Desert, Threat Level:4). It is past an abandoned mine and a weird Agaran camp with a magma prison.

ganessaroland and Starsly like this.
  13. zir

zir Big Damn Hero

No, the feature isn't implemented.Yet.

14. zir

zir Big Damn Hero

I don't see the reason for wild dogs though, i mean there's going to be starter pets. Maybe for those who created their character earlier before the feature was implemented?

15. Starboundcommunity566

I was testing the pony mod and made an earth pony to see if it was working. Beamed down to starter planet an walked left a few places.

What are the odds I would be playing the character that has a dog and finds ones looking like it on its starter planet? And its a permadeath character.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 2, 2014
  16. zir

zir Big Damn Hero

You dissapoint

Solinias likes this.
  17. Starboundcommunity566

I'm sorry....And I already died too. I was greedy with a night time monster in cave. So the dog needs a new owner.

18. zir

zir Big Damn Hero

Dogs are pretty much useless for now,they can't be tamed, they're just ordinary mobs

19. Bloolink

Bloolink Industrial Terraformer

A giant meteor killed the first dog I encountered.

RIP Dogmeat-eor.

janovick likes this.
  20. luigicedillo

luigicedillo Intergalactic Tourist

i also found a dog but i didnt have any capture pods i put one on my chest