Digital I drew Shane cos I'm thirsty and salty that he's not a marriage option ;'(

Discussion in 'Fan Works' started by darkrown, Feb 28, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

I'm assuming that Jas is about 7-9, and Shane probably about 18-21. Well, given that Shane is seen drinking at the Saloon, probably 21.

That would put 12 years between Jas and Shane (assuming Jas is 9), which isn't all that uncommon. I, IRL, have only one sibling and there were 5 years between me and him.

Though there could also be a kid in the middle that didn't go to the Valley. Perhaps they faired a bit better than Shane? Maybe they went and lived with a different relative?

HimochiIsAwesome likes this.
    • cpevors

cpevors Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Just because Marnie and Emily are implied to be in relationships with Lewis and Clint, respectively, that doesn't mean they couldn't be marriage candidates. It's obvious that Haley has a thing for Alex (and maybe Alex has a thing for Haley, too), but that doesn't stop us from being able to pursue either/or/both.

• HimochiIsAwesome

HimochiIsAwesome Scruffy Nerf-Herder

That sounds about right to me! Originally I was imagining Shane around mid-twenties or older, but that's probably because he looks older. I guess drinking every night does that to you. Still cute though

• Ghostly Fox

Ghostly Fox Heliosphere

Pft. This makes me wonder if he and Sebastian have/could have an event about them talking about dorky stuff.
          I think it would be nice if you were to romance him (via mod or DLC, IDC, I just want to be able to) if he went to the Saloon less and generally was less depressed about his life.
          One of his heart events being offering something super spicy to the PC would be hilarious- especially since alcohol makes it worse. (Maybe even a competition over who could eat the spiciest food or the larger amount of spicy food?)
          Maybe him actually even quitting Joja Mart if you got married, since he flat out says he hates working there.

Kinda placed him as being about 23, with his parents just having had trouble conceiving Jas.

I'll stop crush-struck babbling now.

• HimochiIsAwesome

He knows how to look after chickens since Marnie says he helps her with them - although I'm not sure when he has time to. Early mornings, before he leaves to go to Joja?
            He clearly cares about them too. Look at this happy dork's face as he talks about chickens.

But dang, even if it was just platonically, I'd love to help him out of that rough spot he's stuck in. :( Goodness knows that isn't a fun place to be in.

Baerynne likes this.
            • TheSilentObserver

TheSilentObserver Big Damn Hero

"Shane's my drinking buddy. We both come from JoJa... we both understand what it feels like to toil in vain, watching your life slip away before your very eyes.

On Fridays, I always make sure to buy him a beer and tell him about the farm and the family. Abigail and I tried to invite him over for dinner one night this past Spring, but he said he had to get up at the crack of dawn to unload the truck. I've told him time and again that he's got to get out of there. We have a guest room! I know Abby tries to help... but we could use a real employee to help out around the place. He's already got experience with livestock from staying with his aunt! It'd be perfect. Still, he refuses.

I get it though. It took me a long time too before I was ready for a change. He'll come around, when he's ready... and I'll get the chance to pass on the favor Gramps did me when he left Starbloom Farms to me."

-Serenity Starbloom, Starbloom Ranch

"Shane? That asshole who works at Joja? What about him? What do I think his story is? I think he got a lousy deal in life, same as me... only he decides to turn all that shame and bitterness outward against everyone else. Know what I think? I think he's got it just as good as I do... and I do alright. My grandfather left me this farm... if you could call it that. Which you couldn't. I got this place, and it was a patch of rocks and weeds and overgrown woods... yet I stepped up and carved out a comfortable patch of land in these untamed wilds. Shane's aunt runs a farm too... deals in livestock and feed and things. He doesn't even have the burden of having to actually run the place on his own! I wish I were so lucky..."

-Reece Whittman, Whittman Farmstead and Dairy

"Shane...? Don't think I know the guy. I don't really get out too much. Was he the one with the weird hair and the sulky look? Sebastian? No... don't think I know that name either. Sorry."

-Phillip Dyer, Dyer Mining and Prospecting

"I feel for him. I really do... I used to work for Joja too. They don't pay for crap, they don't give a damn about their employees, and you always know in the back of your mind that you're just wasting your time. But they've bought out almost everything. Pretty soon they're just going to start buying PEOPLE outright. Then they won't even bother with the pretense of calling us employees. Oh, right... Shane... yeah. Got a little carried away there. What about him? Yeah... I suppose he'd be kind of cute, if he weren't such a jerk. It's the job, though. Tell him I hope he gets out of that place. I could always use someone to come feed the chickens for me!"

-Emma Sharpe, Sharpe Farms

• Baerynne

Baerynne Space Hobo

That is so awesome. I want to feed him all the beer now! Except, that could be considered abetting an addiction, probably.
                Don't want him turning into an alcoholic. Just some of the beer then. ;)
                He'd totally be welcome at my farm too. I do fine, but every helping hand is sure useful.
                Save all the Joja Employees! Food and board included.

• QueenTipsy

QueenTipsy Void-Bound Voyager

i want him to quit his job and come help with the farm so he can be free and happy

we most save shane

• Ghostly Fox

Ghostly Fox Heliosphere

He takes pizza in lieu of beer. Or Pepper Poppers. Or Peppers. He also apparently likes cookies and other bar-type snacks, though not as much as the above items.

Seriously, he likes video games, animals, pizza, cookies and coffee. Plus, that stubble. Woof. I need this man in my digital romantic life.

Marrying him so he can quit Joja Mart would be awesome. And then rubbing it in Morris' ugly mug. (Also, replacing that probably threadbare and probably shitty upon distribution Joja Mart Employee jacket with a nice soft wool one. Seriously, his jacket has holes in it and it's the only one he has. D: ) Or just employing him if not able to marry him. Starry Night I can't wait until making characters marriageable is possible without messing with the files themselves. I will be doing my damnedest to make a mod for him myself, if it comes down to it, if my health will let me.

For now, I will be his bar buddy, buying him drinks and food until the day comes he can be set free from the hell of corporate servitude. #SaveShane

Baerynne and HimochiIsAwesome like this.
                    • HimochiIsAwesome

My favourite thing about Shane is, not only is he a dork who likes video games... he's a dork who cheats at video games.

I've started headcanoning that it's because of how little spare time he has - he likes to play the games to see the story but doesn't have the time to grind levels or get lots of experience. (I used to do that too, back when I never had time on my hands)

I've also decided that, if we go with the assumption that Jas is his sister, he's probably a pretty rad older brother. He messed up his life - but he sure as heck won't let that happen to Jas. He probably sneaks her things she might like from JojaMart when he can. (And that's canon since he keeps mailing me crap he stole. I don't blame him - screw Morris and screw JojaMart)

• Baerynne

Baerynne Space Hobo

This just made me go asdfglhjk

upload_2016-3-4_0-47-7.png

• HimochiIsAwesome

Oh my great golly goodness

Baerynne likes this.
                          • Baerynne

Baerynne Space Hobo

I'm pretty sure this thread is turning into a Shane appreciation one. Oops. Perhaps we should make a thread for it instead.
                            A place to discuss headcanons and such. Hmmm.

yordle4ever and HimochiIsAwesome like this.
                            • HimochiIsAwesome

Yeah, we should definitely make one of those! :D
                              If anything, Ape could look at it for inspiration? ;D Or maybe that's just wishful thinking.

• Ghostly Fox

Ghostly Fox Heliosphere

YASSSSSSSS. There is hope for the dream! So friggin' giddy about the possibility!

Him cheating because of time restraints makes so much sense. And he is the raddest big brother I bet, and does what he can to make sure Jas won't have trouble getting a job she will enjoy when she is older. I wonder if he kind of resents their parents for basically abandoning them, though? I haven't seen them even reference their parents.

Probably should, we kind of hijacked the thread. Oops. <: 3 But where would it go? Unless someone made a post as an OP for works with Shane in them, then it could be put in the fanwork section? (Also, I apologize for my role in derailing the thread train.)

• HimochiIsAwesome

http://community.playstarbound.com/threads/shane-we-ship-it.107875/
                                  We have a thread now! :D Gonna reply to your thing over there, and repost my parts of the conversation too so it makes sense for people.

EltonScone likes this.
                                  • ironbull

ironbull Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Oh my god this is so good! I feel you OP. I'm so sad he's not an option :'(

• darkrown

darkrown Scruffy Nerf-Herder

oh wow so many comments. but it looks like we're getting bachelor shane guysssssss

• Ghostly Fox

Ghostly Fox Heliosphere

Yesssssss. So bloody happy if that stays the case.

• stringstorm

stringstorm Astral Cartographer

With him slaving at jojamart taking up most of his time, I don't think romancing him can be an option..yet.

..until you reopen the community center and shut the jojamart down and he becomes unemployed and you'll have to hire him as your farmboy. Things can get raunchy. Just imagine, shane and the farmer doing it on a stack of hay in the late afternoon inside one of the barns.

lmao

Marose likes this.