1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

I can't wait until this has gamepad support...

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by RolandHazoto, Nov 2, 2014.

1. RolandHazoto

RolandHazoto Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I haven't played this in almost a year and I miss it about once a week.
    I can't do keyboard and mouse for long periods of time because it hurts the knuckles and wrists these days.
    Previously I was playing with a Pinnacle Profiler layout, but I stopped because I don't want to get too used to those controls and then have to relearn them when proper support is implemented. But damn I miss this game a lot...

2. sephrioth

sephrioth Industrial Terraformer

hm i guess you can wait even longer for a gamepad support :/ better play it with that what u got if you want to play it now xD

3. Starbug

Starbug Guest

Good idea, but please add keybinds first. Brothers and sisters of the Anti-WASD coalition around the world unite.

Please??

nyan_cyrax likes this.
  4. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

Starbug likes this.
  5. Starbug

Starbug Guest

I cannot fool the JSON parser. He / She does not suffer non-technical fools gladly. Start again, if you make a mistake.. grrr...

What I am saying is a GUI would be nice(r). It seems common in other games of this nature (that I have played). Early Access.. alas..

6. Zurgh

Zurgh Void-Bound Voyager

I posted this a while ago, 2 free 3rd party programs to button map games to x-box controllers that don't have native controller support.
    ControlMK and the almighty button map, that I made for it.(you'll appreciate this pic when you open the program) It does not support the D-pad.
    I have used this program for Terraria, Starbound, and many other games, it works fantastic. It didn't work well for the Binding of Isaac...
    [​IMG]
    Another is JoyToKey, down load links at bottom. Only played around with JoyToKey a little. Worked OK on the Binding of Isaac, but not so well in other games, IMO.

The | Suit and Starbug like this.
  7. I personally use http://xpadder.com/. While it costs money, it's extremely easy to set up. Easily one of the best $10 investments I've ever made.

militzasb likes this.
  8. RolandHazoto

I use Pinnacle Game Profiler. I'm actually using an almost identical layout to what I used for Terraria.
    I was avoiding playing this for awhile because I know they intend to add gamepad support post release and didn't want to get too used to my controls. But an old friend has hit me up recently and now we have been playing together... LOL so much for not getting used to my controls...
    Also if anyone is curious about my layout, I posted it in a thread last year. I can dig it up.

9. Sick Sad World

Sick Sad World Subatomic Cosmonaut

Yes, I agree-PC gaming probably wouldn't exist for me without Xpadder. SB took a min to get used to, but now it's second nature! I'd recommend it because it works with every freaking game that doesn't have Pad programmed... I'm certain it'd get more use than just playing SB.

10. Treldent02

Treldent02 Orbital Explorer

I fear that if Controller support was implemented, the controls would be as bad as Terraria on Console, Have you tried to play that?

11. Silverforte

Silverforte Spaceman Spiff

I didn't have problems with the 360 controls on Terraria. They take getting used to but they work as well as you can hope a 2d mining game would work with a controller and tiles. I like playing PC games with my 360 remote. I can relax and not sit in the keyboard/mouse position.

12. RolandHazoto

I played Terraria quite a bit on my Vita (and by quite a bit, I mean I literally ran out of things to do...) and it handled very well for me. I remember trying the ps3 version and not liking the controls as much as the Vita but I couldn't tell you why anymore...