1. When making a thread, please tag your thread accordingly using the menu to the left of the textfield where you name your thread where applicable. Server Advertisements and Mod Releases should be contained to their respective subforums.

Server Help I can't see my friends

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by Catch 32, Dec 5, 2013.

1. Catch 32

Catch 32 Space Spelunker

I am able to set up a server on my Mac, but once my friends and I have joined, none of us can see each other in chat or in the party bar on the side. Also, the teleporters are inoperable. Is the Mac server just non-working?

2. Zaflis

Zaflis Pangalactic Porcupine

Weird, you should see eachother in chat. Can you try joining same party? That's done from small + icon on the character portrait.

3. Galactic Mindswipe

Galactic Mindswipe Giant Laser Beams

If they have connected, then it should be working just fine. Are you sure you have invited them to your party? This can be done by hitting the Plus next to your portrait in the corner and typing in their name.

As for the in-game chat, I'm fairly certain that it is restricted to only people on the same world as you can see it.

4. Catch 32

Catch 32 Space Spelunker

It was very weird. We couldn't see each other or even our own messages in chat, or invite each other. But the problem seemed to resolve itself. I started up the server again today and it worked fine. Until the update... But I'm making a new post for that.