1. When making a thread, please tag your thread accordingly using the menu to the left of the textfield where you name your thread where applicable. Server Advertisements and Mod Releases should be contained to their respective subforums.

Server Help I can't get steam multiplayer to work (please help)

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by Danzeboy, Aug 23, 2016.

1. Danzeboy

Danzeboy Intergalactic Tourist

I got starbound recently because of 1.0 and its great, but I was really excited to see the steam-integrated multiplayer addition. But when I go into the options, "Multiplayer Via Steam Friends" is grayed out. It is completely uncheckable, and I can't fix it. Upon further investigation, I realized that none of the steam workshop mods I would subscribe to would ever actually install, and the actual workshop button in-game was grayed out as well. Not only that, but I have NONE of the achievements, even though I had beaten the story two times. I came to the conclusion that for whatever reason, my starbound wasn't connecting to my internet. Starbound appears to have no connection to anything external (but the steam overlay does work). My internet is great and no other application has ever done this, so I'd really appreciate if someone could help me with this. Its been weeks. Unstable has the same problem as well.

2. SS_Slime

SS_Slime Space Hobo

I have the exact same problem and I'm kinda freaking out!

3. Hel

Hel ✨ Johto's Finest ✨ Forum Moderator

Its gonna make myself sound silly. But is Starbound being blocked through your Firewall?
    Try these and see if they help you at all: