1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Resolved I can`t get access to the Floran mission-The Ceremonial Hunting Caverns

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Brucehu, Mar 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brucehu

Brucehu Space Hobo

This is from China but got a legal copy from the Steam lol

Here is the issue I can`t go inside the Floran mission. My laptop is 4G ram and Win 7 system.

Is anyone who can help me? Thanks!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

Please attach the full log located in your storage directory. It's named starbound.log (will show up as "starbound" when you don't have file extensions shown). There are also more logs (.1-.5). These are logs from the sessions before. If you didn't start the game after the error i don't need them. Use the "Upload a File" button to select and attach the log.

Depending on which OS you use the path wil be different and also if you use the GoG version of Starbound.
    Common steampaths are:
    Windows: C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\Starbound\storage\starbound.log
    Mac: /Users/USER/Library/Application Support/Steam/*/Starbound.app/Contents/MacOS/starbound/storage/starbound.log
    Linux: ~/.local/share/Steam/SteamApps/common/Starbound/storage/starbound.log

~ Iris ~

3. Brucehu

Brucehu Space Hobo

Sorry. I didn`t get what you mean. Do i need to give you the starbound.log for fix? and you give it back to me in a good fix?

4. Iris Blanche

The log will tell me what's failing when trying to enter the dungeon so i can probably offer a solution.

~ Iris ~

5. Brucehu

Brucehu Space Hobo

Ok. Here you are. Thank you!

Attached Files:

6. Nexus Of Chaos

Nexus Of Chaos Parsec Taste Tester

bad allocation is stated. I think either not enough memory given to Starbound (raise priority to fix) or not enough installed ram
    actually, there is some missing asset (WorldMetadata) that either a mod is rewriting the floranmission1 world/mission, or is calling on a missing modno mods...

Last edited: Mar 28, 2017
  7. Brucehu

Brucehu Space Hobo

The installed ram is enough but the memory is low. Sometimes it`s playing slowly when i`m in the game.

8. Nexus Of Chaos

idk how to help further
    @Iris Blanche

9. Iris Blanche

I hate it bringing bad news but...

Problem is that Starbound runs in 32bit mode. You may want to upgrade your OS to 64 bit. The mission dungeons of starbound tend to exceed the 32bit limit causing these errors (bad allocation). Also you seem to have some mods removed but this is totally unrelated to the issue you're encountering.
    Also 4GB RAM could turn out as a problem since it's quite low for todays standard. You may want to upgrade this too or buy a new machine since i have the feeling that you're using a laptop which could also cause some troubles with the built-in graphics chip too (running out of video memory). Most onboard chips use parts of the RAM for their VRAM. With 4GB RAM you probably have 64MB, 128MB or max 256MB VRAM. The only thing you could try is closing EVERY unneeded software and see if you can enter the mission then. If it still doesn't work it's a hardware-restriction (or if you're lucky only an OS-restriction which could be fixed by upgrading to a 64bit OS). Keep in mind that upgrading to a 64bit OS requires a CPU that is capable of 64bit (mostly labeled as x64).

Unfortunately there is no other "fix" for this. However you could use a workaround by using console commands to skip the missions...

~ Iris ~

Brucehu likes this.
  10. Brucehu

Brucehu Space Hobo

What`s that console command for skipping this mission?

11. Iris Blanche

Should be:
    Code:
    /completequest floran_mission2
    it is possible that you'll have to enable admin mode first with
    Code:
    /admin
    you can leave that mode like you entered it.

~ Iris ~

12. Nexus Of Chaos

the floran mission is the first mission, right? that means you will likely hav to skip all 6 missions and possibly the Ruin itself, so skipping missions will just ruin the story

13. Brucehu

Brucehu Space Hobo

Either way, buy a new device or quit it. The worst is ruining it! I like it.

14. Brucehu

Brucehu Space Hobo

I have just bought a new machine and problem solved.Even though it`s costly.Thank you guys!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.