Hunger Drain Rate is too Fast

Discussion in 'Mechanics' started by Anuril, Sep 17, 2016.

?

What do you think about the Speed of Starvation(how fast you get Hungry)?

Poll closed Oct 1, 2016.
  1. I Starve too Fast, make the Hunger bar last longer!

3 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. It's fine as is

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I want to Starve More! make the Hunger bar Drain Faster!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Just remove Hunger in Survival and/or Hardcore, just like Casual Mode. Explain below.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Anuril

Anuril Orbital Explorer

I find myself eating every 30-300 seconds, which seems to be almost after every task or between tasks. I can't even go on a planet for a full night on a full hunger bar without starving(which is completely unrealistic, as the human body is capable of surviving for at least a week or two without food). It gets to the point where I find myself cooking, farming and eating food more often than doing anything else in Starbound whenever I play on Survival Mode or Hardcore Mode, forcing exploration, mining and combat(my favourite stuff) into a second priority.

What I recommend is one of two options.
    Either A: Reduce the Drain rate of Hunger by Half, by extending the time it takes to lose one food point on the hunger bar, or
    B: Double the Hunger Bar's Capacity from 70 to 140(I think 70 is the current max? not sure), and double the food nourishment values of ALL and every food in the game.

2. StrikerTheHedgefox

StrikerTheHedgefox Void-Bound Voyager

Late response, but agreed. It's way too fast.

3. metamorphexx

metamorphexx Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Better if they use some kind of learning hunger system just like subnautica. The more you eat properly, the lesser your hunger will drain.

4. Fluffyswift

Fluffyswift Scruffy Nerf-Herder

• My solution: multi-story farm, sprinklers, and constantly stocked fridges on my ship.
    • Fridges store food indefinitly so stock and forget.
    • The hotbar clutter can be solved by just dragging your food out of your inventory and left clicking.
    • Some foods have more hunger point values than others; which they honestly need to add something to display that.
    • Eating till you get the mutton with the cancel over it (full) extends the duration some.

5. LilyV3

LilyV3 Master Astronaut

a microwave, 100's of rice and you can cook on the go.

But it kinda feels weird, like still unfinished system. And I should die form obese by the amounts I eat.

6. Fluffyswift

Fluffyswift Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Wheat, cocoa beans, mushrooms, sugar and rice are stackable. Campfire works as well. Boiled rice all day everyday.

pop-yotheweird likes this.
  7. pop-yotheweird

pop-yotheweird Ketchup Robot

Reefpods. just Reefpods by themself. works great, although they do not stack soooo.