1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Draconis- The race of humanoid dragons 1.4

A mod that adds a race of playable half-dragons.

1. Notameme

Notameme Title Not Found

Notameme updated Humanoid dragon race with a new update entry:

Please be less buggy

Read the rest of this update entry...

2. Never

Never Pangalactic Porcupine

I'd personally suggest changing the name of the species to Wyvern(s), because Western Dragons typically have four limbs and wings, and Wyverns just have Wings and legs. Downloaded the mod regardless, hope you continue working on it!

3. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

As someone who plays FU a lot, I'd have to say that still sounds a bit more powerful.

As a suggestion, IMO what I would do is since this race is supposed to be a "half" dragon race, IMO I would pick one of the main races that they are supposed to be a halfbreed of (humans?) and then go halfway between Kazdra and this Race, so perhaps something like... 50% ice weakness, 37% fire resist, immunity to normal (but not deadly) fire, etc etc etc.

My personal opinion anyways.

4. Never

He never said anywhere that this race was related to the Kazdra, or even a Hybrid of anything. In fact, if anything, it's a lot closer to a Dragon/Wyvern Monster Girl from Monster Girl Encyclopedia in humanoid form. Since he follows "Cutebound" which is made by Barbariank, who's also huge fan of the M.G.E. series, I don't think it's that much of stretch.

I'd insert an example image of the Wyvern but she's a bit dressed a bit too risque for these forums... Oh well.

5. Notameme

Notameme Title Not Found

Yeah, I do need to work on balancing issues and other bugs of the sort. Thanks for the suggestion.

6. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

"Humanoid Dragon Race" and abilities almost identical to the Kazdra's FR abilities suggests that the author had that in mind, at least somewhat even if only mechanics-wise.

7. Never

Just because they're similar mechanics wise, doesn't mean that they're even tangentially related. Dragons are a pretty darn broad concept, but what they do generally have in common (At least western ones) is an affinity for fire. The Kazdra have reletively lower technological advances, but different ones than the standard races, perhaps barring avians. These Dragons/Wyverns are obviously more along the lines of Hylotl tech, going off their ship design and holographic sign. It's obvious that the only resemblance is their aforementioned draconic affinity for fire. So, please, continue telling me how the Kazdra have any bearing over Notameme's design decisions.

I'd suggest the following for abilities:
    75% Fire Resist (Fire affinity)
    50% Poison Resist (Resistant to fumes, smoke, and toxins.)
    75% Ice Weakness (See fire affinity)
    50% Electricity Weakness (Electric type beats flying type.)
    Extended Jump Height (Wings)
    Fall damage Immunity (Wings)
    -10% Damage with Melee weapons (Wing-hands are better suited for flying than swinging weapons.)

Of course, you shouldn't feel obligated to take my advice, or Xylia's, or anyone else's for that matter. It's your race, so you should feel free to develop them however you want--you could make them more affiliated with Ice, Lightning, or Poison, for instance! The possibilities are endless. =)

8. Notameme

Notameme Title Not Found

Notameme updated Humanoid dragon race with a new update entry:

More bug fixes

Read the rest of this update entry...

9. Midnight916

Midnight916 Yeah, You!

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRREAT MOD

10. Notameme

Notameme Title Not Found

11. Legogod

Legogod Cosmic Narwhal

Is the file supposed to be a .pak? Extracting the .zip fails.

12. Notameme

Notameme Title Not Found

No. I may have uploaded it wrong.

13. Wakaitsu

Wakaitsu Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Just popin in to say - jump bonus and immunity to falling damage DOES NOT WORK. Please fix

14. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

the ZIP file gives me an error in Windows, but yet 7Zip will extract the archive... is this a .7z file with a .zip extension or something? lol.

@Wakaitsu: I think it requires Frackin'Races to work. Try downloadng and installing Frackin'Races.

EDIT: Yup, this mod makes calls to Frackin'Races' .luas and routines.

TBH, @Notameme , I would have the frackin'races part as an optional add-on mod, as not everybody wants/uses Frackin'Races. That way, there'd be less confusion as to why listed bonuses aren't working, lol. I know it SHOULD be obvious that if you mention FR in the overview page that it requires FR to get those bonuses... but as you see above... not everybody's gonna make that connection.

Weird, even with FR installed it isn't working... I'll try to figure out why.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2017
  15. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

I see what's wrong. You're trying to patch a LUA file. I don't think you can patch LUA files.

EDIT: Testing a fix.
    EDIT2: Blah, there is something weird going on here. can't figure out what it is lol

Last edited: Mar 2, 2017
  16. Wakaitsu

Just to clear it out - I play FR with all the addons, i.e. races, music, and ST.

Also BTW so far the only race that had working FDI was Avali (Triage). At least for me. Maybe you should check out it's code?

17. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

I'm looking at the code, and other than them attempting to patch a LUA file (which can't be done), I tried copying the LUA code right into Frackin'Races LUA and it STILL doesn't work. And I'm scratching my head trying to figure out why.

18. Wakaitsu

Maybe you should make it a direct code into your race, without FUR? Dunno if it's possible.
    Anyway, FUR acts weird. Some of the abilities just don't work at all, others work for a half. The Avali supposed to fall slower due to them being feathered and jump higher, but they just fall at normal speed and jump as all other races. They still don't take falling damage, zu.

19. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

hmmm. I'l lhave to crack open Felins sometime and see how they did it. But sadly I gotta leave for work RL here in about 10min or so so I can't do right right now.

20. Wakaitsu

Hey, it's not like something is burning here, yup))) It all can wait. Best of luck on your work.