1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Human Shield Generator

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Shy4k, Jan 14, 2017.

1. Shy4k

Shy4k Space Hobo

Is the human shield generator still obtainable?

2. pop-yotheweird

pop-yotheweird Ketchup Robot

as far as the wiki says, you can't obtain it through normal means nor can you spawn it in-game.

so, no I think.

3. StarRaider

StarRaider Void-Bound Voyager

Yes, you can get it through spawn command [/spawnitem humangenerator 1]

although I don't know if you can get it by playing normally.

4. Shy4k

Shy4k Space Hobo

Ah I see, thanks

5. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

Updated thread with a slightly more informative title.

As for the generator, here's a link to it's page on the wiki. It's apparently still found in underwater Hylotl cities, but I don't recall seeing one (though I haven't been looking for it, either). Regardless, you should be able to spawn one with admin commands.

http://starbounder.org/Human_Shield_Generator

6. The MechE

The MechE Existential Complex

I saw one in an underground Hylotl city. Can confirm

7. Forcedminer

Forcedminer Pangalactic Porcupine

nervous. I built an awesome base on a lava world that had no meteors on a server before.
    it held many many colonists I was very happy about it but feared it would be grieved by anyone who finds it on this unforgiving world.

so i went into single player and gave myself on in admin mode.

went back into the server and build a special room with only a teleporting in and that boss one-way door out of that room.
    and a button system that turns the generator on and off if i wanted to do any maintenance or further explanation to it....

as well as some sensors at the surface entrance just encase any player happens by the base it'll turn the generator on protecting the base from possible harm. X.X

What can i say...I built something i was proud of and feared a player mining the back away filling the wonderful base with lava.