1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

How would you raise a floran?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Master Automan IV, Dec 29, 2015.

1. Chairbound

Chairbound Space Hobo

lol this thread is funny. Florans talk some crazy stuff, and I don't mean the accent that the writers created for them... but if you guys don't mind me asking a sidetracking question, why does it seems to me (~40 hours into this game) that the humans seem the craziest race around? I've only encountered 2 of their USCM prison-madhouse-things and it doesn't matter how I walk in there, they are 100% about murdering me. That's my only contact so far with them (also my char is human as well), so it's not about xenophobia. By comparison, the Florans behave so far more level-headed than either the humans or the Apex. I need to actually read all the codex at some point

2. TheNextDecade

TheNextDecade Phantasmal Quasar

That's mostly because 90% of the humans were on Earth, which blew up at the beginning of the game. At least to my knowledge.

3. Master Automan IV

Master Automan IV Phantasmal Quasar

Yes, but they have known the existence of other races.

4. Shadow Wolf TJC

Shadow Wolf TJC Spaceman Spiff

Personally, I'd try to raise my Floran to become a child prodigy, engineer, technician, anthropologist, archaeologist, explorer, entrepreneur, and/or gamer that's charitable towards other Floran youths, but eagerly looks forward to her next challenge to overcome. She'd be like Nuru 2.0, only more quirky.

5. voiditect

voiditect Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'll try to use them in an experiment with those fungal pods.....I mean treat them with utmost...love! yeah!