1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

How would you raise a floran?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Master Automan IV, Dec 29, 2015.

1. Master Automan IV

Master Automan IV Phantasmal Quasar

How would you raise a floran?
    I would take a floran seed raise them from that point, and feed my floran beef jerky as he/she grows.

This going to get silly, weird and just plain ridiculous.

OH GOD, THE NAME IS TOO LONG!

Last edited: Dec 31, 2015
  2. jakecool19

jakecool19 Pangalactic Porcupine

I would take my seed to a forest planet far away from all the other uncivilized Florans. I would have them taught by only the finest Glitch scholars, such as Professor Irondome. Once they grew up they would become the greatest Floran diplomats known to all the races, even greater than Greenfinger. The whole universe will know of the great works the Bellflower cocoon kin would accomplish(and ssssstab).

Master Automan IV likes this.
  3. Owl_Stalker

Owl_Stalker Guest

I would suggest you first take the seed to the North Pole. Next, you need to collect 9.5 of Santa's elves and feed them raw lipids until they metamorphasize into beautiful hippo-tiger hybrids. You must collect an ounce of each of their fur, giving you 3.5 ounces. You must then consume these ounces of fur, giving you 64 extra arms. You must then juggle the seed, building up kinetic energy, until the seed bursts open into the floral abomination. Let it consume the planet you are currently on as you retreat to the nearest one. You must then proceed to launch cartons of plutonium at the abomination until it shrinks and transforms into an adult Floran, ready to eat, hunt, and pay taxes to you.

In all seriousness, I'd just give the seed to the Agarans. They know what's best for the Florans.

4. PyreStarite

PyreStarite Space Kumquat

Give meaty bits as motivation for every time they do something good.

Master Automan IV likes this.
  5. Master Automan IV

WARNING!
    THIS STUPID!
    READ AT YOUR OWN RISK!

I would cause a mass Genocide of the floran race using a thermonuclear fission nuke version 2.0! That have mini nukes! With LAZERS. And SPACE SHARKS.................................................... LAZER SPACE SHARKS. The seeds that I have collected will become the civilized individuals that will shape the future, leaving behind the barbaric past.

Was that much? Tooooo much? A bit far much? To far? To far for me? Toooooo dark? Or just all the above? In all seriousness I wouldn't do that.[DOUBLEPOST=1451452969][/DOUBLEPOST]
    The Agarans will drain and/or assimilate the Florans.
    Thats how I think will happen.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2015
    jakecool19 likes this.
  6. LilyV3

LilyV3 Master Astronaut

at first

later

[​IMG]

Master Automan IV and Tamorr like this.
  7. Master Automan IV

Any, ideas on how a miss universe contest would like in starbound.

Oh me oh my. How is this gonna go.:p

You guys and gals can still talk about raising Florans.:nuruflirt:

8. Garatgh Deloi

Garatgh Deloi Master Astronaut

Raise a floran? Give it a spear, put it somewhere with prey, mission complete.

Nalano likes this.
  9. Master Automan IV

Congratulations, you raised a floran!:rainbow::poke::rainbow::party::party::lickitung::party::kitten2::kitten::headbanging::poke::party::zzz:

Your prize is......The execution of your floran! I'm sorry but we don't want "weeds" running amuck stabing everything they see. I So please don't bother making an floran army, we have nukes.:cool:

I'll be sure to send you the beheaded corpse of your once "beloved" floran.:nuruundead:

Last edited: Jan 4, 2016
  10. Hellcorn

Hellcorn Astral Cartographer

I would train my floran in the art of ssstabing by taking it with me to exterminate a settlement once a week (not glitch or floran) and carve out the finest bone knife for him.

Then I'll let him eat a hylotal :nuruhappy:

11. Nalano

Nalano Big Damn Hero

Floran train little floran by introducccing little floran to meatsss and then giving little floran sharp bone.

Little floran will sssoon dissscover bessst method to get more meatsss and alssso bigger and better bonesss, cudgelsss, clubsss, ssspike trapsss, knivesss, pit trapsss, poisssonsss, sssnapping trapsss, bigger knivesss, ssspearsss, sssubmachine gunsss, fragmentation explosssivesss, explosssivesss on end of ssspearsss, wire-guided rocketsss... floran excccited at little floran learning basssicsss of traditional floran hunting techniquesss for the firssst time.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2016
  12. Hellcorn

Hellcorn Astral Cartographer

Floran remembers when it was a ssseedling

Attached Files:

Nalano likes this.
  13. HarmonicRev

HarmonicRev Subatomic Cosmonaut

I'd raise the Floran child as my own. I'd take them hunting, maybe we could raid a few Hylotl cities, desecrate some Avian temples. Although I'd also teach them how to create high-tech items, bones can only get you so far, give a Floran a sniper rifle or rocket launcher, when they know how to use it, add some thick violium plated armor, and the real fun begins. Rifles are my own specialty so I'd teach them how to sneak around and where to aim for the best effect.

After all, there's not much difference between a Floran and someone like me who just likes killing. Perhaps the only difference is I'd give them a more proper education, maybe teach them how to pilot my spacecraft, even.

14. Dante1120

Dante1120 Astral Cartographer

They'd fly across the stars by my side, we'd explore the stars side by side, hacking and slashing through foes and constructing glorious settlements capable of surrounding a planet! The universe would be in the palm of our hands, WE'D RULE IT AL- THUMP

15. Littleman9Mew2

Littleman9Mew2 Zero Gravity Genie

Sylva:
    Sssorry, but Floran knife sslipped into your leg a bit.:nuruninja::nurunaughty:

"Little":
    SYLVA! STABBING HURTS PEOPLE!

Sylva:
    Sssorry, thought perssson wass fishman. :nurunaughty:

"Little":
    Kluex have mercy, anyway, I would grow a floran like a weed. They spread around, are hard to get rid of, plus they are evil. No offense Sylva.

16. Mythril-Jelly

Mythril-Jelly Scruffy Nerf-Herder

The same way I'd raise any child, with lots of scientific and intellectual information, with some creative resources at their disposal. Let them see the great thinkers and aim to surpass them, to be that one kid who makes the Miniknog themselves look like a bunch of drunks. Also give them lots of laser weaponry and plasma grenades at age 4 because there's no possible way that could go wrong! Maybe expose them to Erchius lighting constantly as they grow so I know they'll turn out right.

If the instincts get a little too feisty, there's plenty of laboratories and prisons that wouldn't be a crime to... disintegrate! Besides, free machinery for the kid!

17. D.M.G.

D.M.G. Master Astronaut

Welp, there is also the solution of raise him/her like a parent raise his/her child

18. Mile-High Hat

Mile-High Hat 2.7182818284590...

the same way i'd raise any kid, or course: deep underground, in an arcade bunker. teach them to subsist off wartweed and crustoise, with a few old games as their only entertainment, and they'll have nowhere to go but up when they find a way out!

as for the miss universe competition...well, different races must have different beauty standards, right? it'd probably be near-impossible to pick a single winner or every category.

19. Aimbot

Aimbot Void-Bound Voyager

IT WAS BABIES!!!!!!!
    Also id take my floran to a civilized society (apex you get the hell away!)
    Tell her that her actual species s barbaric
    Tell her barbarian attitude is not great
    Research some new type of non meaty food
    Feed said food into floran
    Floran grows into adult
    Floran is not CIVILIZED

I do not like uncivilized individuals!

20. Jerln

Jerln Oxygen Tank

Very carefully.