1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

How we can survive to lava?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by MagicScoper, Jan 22, 2017.

1. MagicScoper

MagicScoper Space Hobo

Are there any ways to survive lava? I want to explore lava ocean planets is it impossible and do we get better loot on lava planet?

2. Hel

Hel ✨ Johto's Finest ✨ Forum Moderator

Easiest way is the admin command. You can basically just swim in lava and not be damaged.

There used to be a boat tech in beta to cross ocens of lava and water, but thays loooong gone Could try that boat

Back in the day, yes it normally had the better loot. Ive never visited 1 however in 1.0 so I have no idea if they still have better loot

Last edited: Jan 23, 2017
  3. Kyolin

Kyolin Void-Bound Voyager

You can still buy the green boat in the outpost to cross them in vanilla. Some mods also provides you with items with lava immunity.

4. Guest0241525

Guest0241525 Guest

But the boat's still there... :nuruneutral:

5. Hel

Hel ✨ Johto's Finest ✨ Forum Moderator

Oh... I thought that was gone. Nevermind updated my post

6. LazerRay

LazerRay Cosmic Narwhal

I use the Lava Resist Augment mod as a way to avoid being cooked http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=747861465, the mod is compatible with the Augment Station and Augment Slots for Armor mods for more versatility.

Now as for exploring the magma ocean worlds, there is not much below the surface except for the occasional random chest with basic loot, and no mobs down there either (Unless you break into a cave, something I haven't done yet).

7. Mooncalf99

Mooncalf99 Spaceman Spiff

You can find underground biomes beneath the lava ocean, same as any planet. They have monsters and loot and stuff, and everything will be scaled for the planet's danger tier (6).

If you have time and don't want to cheat or use mods, you could build a shaft. Put down a column of foreground and background blocks, dig into the middle, keep adding blocks beneath you as you descend. Fun project. Don't mess up or the lava will kill you.

8. Albirei

Albirei Phantasmal Quasar

If you use the Frackin Universe mod, the Hellfire armor set provides lava and burning immunity.

9. Iaeyan Elyuex

Iaeyan Elyuex Cosmic Narwhal

I built a tunnel out of obsidian and magmarock straight down. Seafloor is bare ash and rock. Nothing of interest. There are caves underneath, though.