1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

how to update a mod ..

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by amirmiked12, Mar 15, 2017.

1. amirmiked12

amirmiked12 Parsec Taste Tester

i mean i wanna add newer version of mod into the version history list..someone plz help me??

2. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

Download the new version and replace the old version.

~ Iris ~

3. amirmiked12

i mean i wanna upload my own my and add it to version history tab in the mod page

4. Iris Blanche

When uploading a mod you select the category where it should be listed. The last updated mods are maintained by the forum itself by sorting them by date. You can't add anything yourself to that list.

~ Iris ~

5. amirmiked12

i mean like sayter mo(frackin univere) when u go to version history there are lots of version i wanna do the same thing like that...if possible???

6. Iris Blanche

That version list is also maintained by the forum itself. Whenever you post an update for your mod it's added there.

~ Iris ~

7. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

Version history is done automatically by the forums.
    But the forum currently has a bad habit of not actually "updating" the file.

So it is a good idea to download your mod after updating to make sure it is the new file.

8. BreakingForce

BreakingForce Big Damn Hero

now, do you have an original mod, or did you modify an existing one in some way? because you're not asking "how do i upload a mod?" you're asking "how do i upload a new mod version?" which makes me think that you modified an existing mod.

9. amirmiked12

Tnx yall I figured it out..